Sometimes i wished….

• the fights would look a little bit more like this:
    http://youtu.be/gRNgQXKgTcI?t=36m43s

and less like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBDODIWeKbE

sorry for opening a new thread about this… but dind’t find any that looked like it’d fit

in the rare cases i get a fight like in the vid above with attacks, parries, feints and footwork i really get thrilled… but to often it ends with my opinion dancing around like a ballerina spinning and twisting in ways that he’d actually should puke…

• First one looks too choreographed for my tastes.

Second one, well, mostly only 3p(bad) players really dance around like that.

• you either choose between a casual, dumbed down combat but “good” looking one, or a really skill based one like chiv but where it looks like seizure simluator 2014

its just nature of melee games, sad but true

• sure it’ looks too choreographed i just say that in my opinion it looks closer to RL then the way some players dance through the map and have a shocking amount of success with it… it even looks similiar to the old loading pictures before we got the keyboard bindings always shown… btw i think they looked quite similiar to pictures from an old german fencing book which i once saw in TV

@CRUSHED
    i don’t see why a comat system in which battles could look good like the one in the video above (which btw is a single player RPG still in development) and be skill based rather then a bunch of annoying guys that run around in third person facing the ground spinning n twisting in inhuman ways… where is the skill in that?..

as i said before in my opinion fights should be based around footwork, feints, paries, counters… and less about spinning around like a jedi…

• @Großadmiral:

i don’t see why a comat system in which battles could look good like the one in the video above (which btw is a single player RPG still in development) and be skill based rather then a bunch of annoying guys that run around in third person facing the ground spinning n twisting in inhuman ways… where is the skill in that?..

Who talks about third person? No one takes third person seriously in this game.

• some players still seem to use it that way… and even if you cut the third person there are still players which dance around like jedis… with inhuman twists as i said before

• Its true though; the twisty unnatural looking movements really just drops my immersion into the game.

• This dancing system was not in game at release, the op has valid points. Simpy put its the fov not limited to 90 ( am flexible )
    in first person at high fovs you can literally dance around foes. As for 3rd person I can only guess its even more of an
    advantage with higher fovs.

• @loin:

This dancing system was not in game at release, the op has valid points. Simpy put its the fov not limited to 90 ( am flexible )
    in first person at high fovs you can literally dance around foes. As for 3rd person I can only guess its even more of an
    advantage with higher fovs.

The “Dancing system” was in the game at release, it’s called running. I rarely see anyone except 3p guys using this tactic, and certainly the good players don’t do it as it’s ineffective, it only works against inexperienced or bad players. It’s not really anything to do with FOV.

• Dunno, I don’t think this game looked realistic in the first place and I’m glad it’s not a medieval simulator. But I don’t care about immersion in multiplayer games anyway.

• @afiNity:

Dunno, I don’t think this game looked realistic in the first place and I’m glad it’s not a medieval simulator. But I don’t care about immersion in multiplayer games anyway.

Immersion in multiplayer games is gone as soon as you see the chat.

• @gndo:

Immersion in multiplayer games is gone as soon as you see the chat.

see wut you did der, smrt

• @gndo:

The “Dancing system” was in the game at release, it’s called running. I rarely see anyone except 3p guys using this tactic, and certainly the good players don’t do it as it’s ineffective, it only works against inexperienced or bad players. It’s not really anything to do with FOV.

The fov is a clear game winner for freedom of movement and space it creates, any gamer worth salt knows that esp back
    in the day. This dancing system was not here on release to the degree that its used by everybody today like a walking
    stick of support.

• The combat in Kingdom Come looks awful. I’m glad Chivalry’s combat is nothing like it.

Also, I guess you could have somewhat similar results if you played a LS nofeint nodrag duel, so there’s that.

• yeah… tell me which is closer to this reenactements? Chiv or Kingdome Come?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqLZyjfJs0k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MxUsDBjvvM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TzdtyMC7ek
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe0YE6Ct9gs
    sure this are only reenactements… but personaly i think this closer to reality then spinning around and don’t loosing stamina as soon as you hit… even if you’d have to cut through a steel plate and muscles and bones…

• Fun and balance =/= realism. I know which I prefer.

• sure sure… but in my opinion for the fun it also has to look good… and if people run around and fight like some kind of snake-humans i don’t think that it looks good…and for the immersion thing somebody mentioned above… then why are we not simply playing coloured figures in crude rarely coloured rooms instead of textured soldiers in Landscapes?

• @Großadmiral:

sure sure… but in my opinion for the fun it also has to look good… and if people run around and fight like some kind of snake-humans i don’t think that it looks good…and for the immersion thing somebody mentioned above… then why are we not simply playing coloured figures in crude rarely coloured rooms instead of textured soldiers in Landscapes?

A game can for for a certain look atmosphere, or setting, without having to have realistic gameplay, that’s why we are not a drawing.

If you get into high level play, you won’t really see this ‘dancing’.

• It’s not a fucking simulator, it’s a game. Go make a simulator if you want one so badly. Don’t try to change an existing game, ffs. You are being worse than social justice warriors.

• i just mean that this dancing around that is unfortunal quite common in SOME ranks should somehow be completely discouraged… and currently there is actually no downside as long as you have no really skilled opponent… you can run without stamina loss and you can attack without stamina loss as long as you only hit the enemy even if he parades… while the Swinging would actually have to cost atleast asmuch stamina as the blocking… which means you can’t try to play “passive” waiting for your opponent to power himself out (which in my opinion would be a quite useful tactic) but instead you have to be always on the offensive because otherwise you’re out of stamina sooner then the idiot who just wildly swings his weapon and runs around like a rabbit on speed… maybe i’m to influenced of Red Orchestra 2s more realistic system of shooters…
    i don’t want it for this Chivalry… but maybe some influences of it in Chiv 2… maybe something that hinders unrealistic flexing like a near 90° bending to the back in full amour…