Russians votekicking you out of every goddamn server

• The votekick function should be disabled, it can be exploited way too much by trolls.

• and a lack of votekick is something that would be exploited by trolls much more - in a server where people couldn’t be votekicked the trolls would just TK everyone until they ragequit.

There is some debate to the level of votes required for a successful kick - to easy and troll votekicks happen, too high and problem players don’t get kicked.

If the votekicks are repeated and without any good reason, you could report it to a server admin as griefing

• сука блять

• @MonkeyFiend:

and a lack of votekick is something that would be exploited by trolls much more - in a server where people couldn’t be votekicked the trolls would just TK everyone until they ragequit.

Some buddies of mine had a great time back when you couldn’t use vote kick in duel servers.

• The potential for abuse goes both ways. I’d rather have it enabled to get rid of truly nefarious players.

• @MonkeyFiend:

and a lack of votekick is something that would be exploited by trolls much more - in a server where people couldn’t be votekicked the trolls would just TK everyone until they ragequit.

There is some debate to the level of votes required for a successful kick - to easy and troll votekicks happen, too high and problem players don’t get kicked.

If the votekicks are repeated and without any good reason, you could report it to a server admin as griefing

Well I happen to have a very working solution for this - autokick after X amount of teamkills/teamdamage.

• @Leopardi:

Well I happen to have a very working solution for this - autokick after X amount of kills.

That doesn’t solve anything. You can do a ridiculous amount of team damage without killing anyone.

• @Karasu:

That doesn’t solve anything. You can do a ridiculous amount of team damage without killing anyone.

What about an auto kick after x team damage?

• I don’t think there’s a mechanism form this yet. We can get tk’s via rcon but not team damage %. Although I’d love to see a workaround for this

• Wouldn’t work. The trolls are usually bad at the game and killing them is usually the only way to stop them thus making the chance for you to do more team damage before they do.

• @Ghengis:

Wouldn’t work. The trolls are usually bad at the game and killing them is usually the only way to stop them thus making the chance for you to do more team damage before they do.

So, it wouldn’t work because people would tk them? Both parties are in the wrong there and would deserve the boot.

• I’ve always found this a fallacy; yes trolls can start swinging at teammates hoping to get into a fight, then when someone takes the bait and gets sufficiently high TD the troll votes them.

This is why we consistently say on the SM servers if someone intentionally hits you, either kickvote or report it to an admin.

Whenever I see one person intentionally damaging another I tend to opt for a ban, if it’s two teammates having a brawl I tend to kick both unless I can verify who started it.

• @Karasu:

That’s why I wrote teamkills/teamdamage. What can the trolls do when you take away their ability to keep teamkilling/teamdamaging? Nothing, autokick would be much better than votekick which can be used wrong.

• @Leopardi:

What can the trolls do when you take away their ability to keep teamkilling/teamdamaging?

A lot of things. Set friendlies on fire, throw smoke on melees, shieldblock own archers, protect enemy archers etc. etc… You just have use your imagination. Teamkilling is the lowest, most unimaginative and most boring form of griefing.

• @MonkeyFiend:

Or you could just disable friendly fire by default you dumb fuck

• MonkeyFiend Knows what he is doing tbh. Talking of good movies I might give that Troll Hunter a viewing this afternoon.

• @danezcou3:

Or you could just disable friendly fire by default you dumb fuck

As mentioned in the infraction, am happy to have debate but no need pitch random insults. thanks :)

As for disabling friendly fire, on a server with standard friendly fire you still get people lmb swinging through teammates, however it’s tempered slightly by the fact they’re penalised for teamdamage (both in respawn times and eventually when their TD is high enough in kick votes).

If you set FF to 0, people tend to form a melee cluster and just swing wildly into it, since there’s no penalty for doing so. For this reason the few FF 0% servers set up are generally empty as it’s a style of gameplay few people (except maybe for those few who haven’t mastered more than mashing lmb) like.

• Optionally, make all team damage count 100% towards your own health.

• @Kim:

What about an auto kick after x team damage?

You ever play in the Art of War server way back when? The text was annoying as shit, but I really liked the forgiving system and the instant boot if you’re unforgiven X amount of kills. Apparently it came from some other game? I think if the !fp thing were more known about it would have done really well.

They also had a lot of server admins on then, and I think that’s the big helper.

• @Kreittis:

A lot of things. Set friendlies on fire, throw smoke on melees, shieldblock own archers, protect enemy archers etc. etc… You just have use your imagination. Teamkilling is the lowest, most unimaginative and most boring form of griefing.

Friendlies on fire causes team damage, a couple of smoke bombs is hardly trolling, protecting enemy archers will just get him killed more likely… all of this is nothing compared to the votekick spam constantly, and then you are banned from the whole session altogether.