Shield hitbox robbing potential damage

• Yesterday while playing a match as a halberd vanguard against a knight I landed 2 perfect overheads to the knights head. Confused on why the knight didn’t go down, I checked the console log (Unfortunately I did not screenshot it) and saw…

“I attacked X, dealing 43 damage…hitting the enemies mesh at (something like) b_shield”

Because the knight had a tower shield on his back (he was facing me) when I overheaded him the halberd went through the shield first before the head, registering it as shield damage. This only counted as a torso shot damage wise, which can’t 2 shot knights.

Why do shields even count as a hitbox in the first place? I haven’t met anyone who feels that there is a viable reason on why they do. Instead I see mostly complaints on shield users taking hits when they shouldn’t do to the shield extended their hitbox area.

• It adds into a negative of why NOT to use one, little bit of balance.

• @UnbornAssassin:

It adds into a negative of why NOT to use one, little bit of balance.

What? I read this several times, and I’m still not sure what you mean.

• @UnbornAssassin:

It adds into a negative of why NOT to use one, little bit of balance.

My point is I was robbed of 2 shotting a knight because the shield on their back helped them. It’s a double sided sword that isn’t needed in the game at all.

• Ah, I misread, my bad.

• Yeah, shields definitively shouldn’t count as a hitbox… Heard something about it being impossible to solve since the shields have to be part of the skeleton mesh or something along those lines. :/
    Can’t inactive shields just share the properties of spears and other projectiles stuck in a character model? Those don’t count as hitboxes…