Problem: Starting the game (CMW.exe)

• Hello, a friend gave me this game on steam but when I run it there is a long loading and after freeze my games and it is write: CWM.exe has ceased to function.

I search on google but i could not find anything very conclusive, anyone know the solution to this problem?

Ps: sorry for my english if there are mistakes, I’m French.

• I also check the cache of the game but the game still freezes :/

I also tried vcredist_x64 and x86 but I fear for my computer because it speaks to repair Microsoft Visual etc …

• I checked the game cache but nothing works …

I also tried vcredist_x64 and x86 but I fear for my computer because it speaks to repair Microsoft Visual etc …

• @zyad27:

I also check the cache of the game but the game still freezes :/

The installers are harmless; if they need to repair something it is good to let them run.
    Also, try running the game in 32-bit mode (“force 32-bit” checkbox on bottom of launcher).

• Thanks you for your answer but the game is already launched in 32 bit and I am on 32 bit

The installers are harmless? Okay I’ll try :)

• The game still does not work :(

• @zyad27:

The game still does not work :(

This happened to me on a different game.
    I uninstalled the game and re-installed it. Afterwards I went to Properties (right click the game) > Local Files > Check Integrity of Game Cache and everything worked right.

Two other problems are Anti-virus software. AVG kept closing Borderlands 2 on Steam, so check your Anti-virus software.
    Lastly, it could be Steam itself. Delete everything in the steam folder but the steam.exe and the \steamapps\ folder. Then start the .exe - that way Steam re-installs itself.

Or you can edit around some config files and find the problem.

• If the above suggestion haven’t worked then can you include a copy of your launch.log - it may explain the error in more detail

• Hi! The game works I have deleted some files in the game then I verified the cache and it works but in the end part it freeze and I have to restart the game