Recovery parry on hit reminder

• Just wanted to remind how stupid the lockout is after you trade with someone and his weapon hits first so he can combo, while you are stunned for ages, unable to combo, 1 good second free hit for any third party

TBS plz. Allow old “panic” parry when you hit someone with no additional stamina cost. Thanks.

• Best caveman EU.

Why reward hit traders more by letting them defend after the trade?

• @gndo:

Best caveman EU.

Why reward hit traders more by letting them defend after the trade?

Have you ever thought about the fact that i might use a slower weapon and my opponent a fast one and he abuses this ? I have a slow-medium speed weapon, attack, he just spams the moment i attack, trade he hits first ofcouse, giving them a free kill in 2v1 because i cant combo and im locked out from anything because its fucking retarded

you can basically instantgib anyone 2v1 with this trick

Its the same when you kill someone, HUEE COMBO OR DIE, stupid

you realize im 100% against trades and want first hit flinch right? the only reason we have caveman meta is the stupid windup -> no flinch in release nonsense

not to mention that the game is way too CFTP based and its annoying

• Yeah, get rid of FiR and it well help, along with higher 2h flinch time.

• @gndo:

Yeah, get rid of FiR and it well help, along with higher 2h flinch time.

haha im actually for flinch in release, read again

its a fundamental problem with chivalry, but its offtopic and not the point of this thread

• +1
    I think this is an avenue worth exploring. I don’t agree with Crushed’s opinion on FiR though.

• +1, this feels like a no brainer to me, really.
    It’s not just regarding hit trades, though, recovery parry after succesful hit makes sense on many levels.

• Well I agree if they increase the flinch to 0.9, although I still don’t care for FiR.

• .9 flinch

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• what does this have to do with .9 flinch? nothing

• @CRUSHED:

what does this have to do with .9 flinch? nothing

thread complaining about hit-trading
    hit-trading caused by .8 flinch
    .9 flinch fixes

You were the one who told Tibbs to put .8 flinch in the game. Now that it’s out you constantly throw fits about hit-trading cavemen (which are caused by .8 flinch). It’s just really funny.

• @Flippy:

thread complaining about hit-trading
    hit-trading caused by .8 flinch
    .9 flinch fixes

You were the one who told Tibbs to put .8 flinch in the game. Now that it’s out you constantly throw fits about hit-trading cavemen (which are caused by .8 flinch). It’s just really funny.

2 people attack each other at the same time -> hit trade. .8 flinch or 1.2 flinch doesnt matter lol, flinch time has literally nothing to do with hit trading

im throwing fits? where? read the OP closely again, im complaining about an artificial lockout not trades, im not the one making threads about .8 flinch and cry like a baby because i cant deal with spammers

besides, .8 flinch was completely fine with the bigger bubble, i havent told anyone to put it into the game, i simply told him that being unable to punish combo feints is completely broken and needed to go, and many people agree’d and still agree and like .8 flinch even now (i dont mind), see the flinch thread ;)

so yeah, before you make yourself look like an complete idiot and embarass yourself once again you should think before posting next time

• hurrr durrr its a risk of using a slow weapon durr de hurr get gid

http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/19843-FIX-2H-FLINCH-TIMES?p=229281&viewfull=1#post229281

check ur slow weapon privilege

• Hit-trading has nothing to do with the flinch times indeed. I’d be all for allowing for either faster recovery times or allowing block in recovery after landing a hit. Be wary of a possible shield bug for animation cancelling though.

Crushed, I also find it a little funny that you are starting to be annoyed by the game being too CFtP based, because that’s what I was annoyed by before the June patch, and that’s one of the reasons I was all for that system. At least with current feint windows, CFtP isn’t nearly as lame as before.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Hit-trading has nothing to do with the flinch times indeed. I’d be all for allowing for either faster recovery times or allowing block in recovery after landing a hit. Be wary of a possible shield bug for animation cancelling though.

Crushed, I also find it a little funny that you are starting to be annoyed by the game being too CFtP based, because that’s what I was annoyed by before the June patch, and that’s one of the reasons I was all for that system. At least with current feint windows, CFtP isn’t nearly as lame as before.

With the old stamina values you could just combo 24/7 no problem, but now its way more limiting so it gets really annoying when you are locked out of doing anything because of some recovery stuff that should only be for misses

• @Flippy:

Many people here–myself included–were asking for a reduction in flinch time for ages, so it’s infantile to keep targeting Crushed for it. As it turns out (after some other changes) 0.8s wasn’t enough. Not a big deal–wouldn’t have mattered at all if TB had bumped it up to 0.9s like 4 months ago or whenever it was.

Anyway, it only affects hit-trading if you want to hit-trade someone’s combo after being hit. Hit-trading exists outside that scenario as well.

• 0.8 flinch is only shit because it makes interrupting combos so easy. Instead of doing something skillful like parrying a drag or reading a feint, you just do a lookdown OH with a heavy-hitting weapon and bam, you have the advantage now.

• @CRUSHED:

With the old stamina values you could just combo 24/7 no problem, but now its way more limiting so it gets really annoying when you are locked out of doing anything because of some recovery stuff that should only be for misses

24/7 combos is what made CFTP very viable for 1vX

right now your CFTP window is shorter and it costs so much stamina you will probably stam out before you can kill anyone

buff CFTP pls

• Whilst it is a good idea,

I would prefer this mechanism be adapted to be part of the weapon. So just lower recovery times by a large portion on specific weapons, to help separate those weapons from others. Perhaps also increase combo times.

So have damage of weapon proportional to windup+release and have combo time inversely proportional to recovery time. So faster combos’ longer recovery, long combos fast recovery. This way the Longsword can have similar damage to the SoW but be a very different weapon…

• @Monsteri:

0.8 flinch is only shit because it makes interrupting combos so easy. Instead of doing something skillful like parrying a drag or reading a feint, you just do a lookdown OH with a heavy-hitting weapon and bam, you have the advantage now.

These are the types that don’t truly understand the 0.8 flinch. You can only interrupt combos if the dude starts with an insta-hit, which gives insta-hitting an inherent risk to it.