Noob tolerance

• I’m just trying to get a sense of how much patience people have for newcomers and where they draw the line between rookie error and plain retardedness.

I am normally quite patient. I can forgive newcomers for things like LMB mashing. But yesterday I votekicked a low-rank player for non-deliberately offensive behaviour for the first time. Some rank 11 guy on my team ran up to me and TK’d me. Wasn’t a wild swing, he intended to kill me. I was quite bloody so fair enough. I tried to politely explain what he had done and got no reply. The very next life (wasn’t all that bloody this time) the same guy comes at me again and keeps trying to hit me while I’m blocking and spamming x2. So then I tried to run away but he chased me down and eventually killed me. That’s when my patience reached it’s limit. When I initiated the votekick he started talking finally. When I told him what he did he said “um no”. When someone else confirmed to him he did it 2 times in a row he said “I didn’t fucking know it was a teammate”. I think he should have realized his error the first time. Both the chat and kill feed should have made it obvious enough. But to then do it again on my very next life and actually chase me down I mean come on.

We shouldn’t expect to much from a rank 11, but even for a brand new player thats really poor.

• I have a lot of patience with noobs. Only thing that gets me really mad and ragequit are archers, noobs or pros I don’t care, they are annoying as fuck.

• i like noobs that realize their mistakes. I have a pretty good tolerance overall for noobery because i’m so used to it… but people that clearly aren’t even trying to not hit teammates are pretty annoying. Archers as well, i agree with vanguard ^ can’t stand archery.

• Archers on your team help you out by spamming arrows in your direction. Very helpful.

• Maybe you should quit getting in the way of my arrows n00b

• I don’t have patience for the people that deliberately LMB in team fights several times in a row. I don’t care if they are new, that sort of things shows deliberate disregard for other players. The occasional accidental LMB, that’s cool, but not even bothering to look like you are holding back is kick-worthy regardless of level.

• @DokB:

Maybe you should quit getting in the way of my arrows n00b

HAHAHAHA, yep

What drives me insane are the catapult heroes on Battlegrounds who keep firing short! :D

• @DokB:

Maybe you should quit getting in the way of my arrows n00b

Such a classic answer wow
    10/10 would be a brave man out of the range again

@YarnuTheDog:

HAHAHAHA, yep

What drives me insane are the catapult heroes on Battlegrounds who keep firing short! :D

I aways lol when I see this happening, unless they hit me

• i love those guys that catapult towards the enemy but tk me when im arching at the back of the fight……

• @zombojoe:

i love those guys that catapult towards the enemy but tk me when im arching at the back of the fight……

They’re doing Gods work, son.

• Noobs should be somehow recompensed for killing teammate archers

• Mod

A lot of the time if I’m team killed I wait about a minute for a sorry, if I don’t receive an apology I find the guy and beat the fuck out of him. Then I say, next time you kill a team mate, at least say sorry. Sometimes I can’t be bothered hunting em down. Most the players are pretty good. There’s one new rank below 20 troll who keeps spamming oilpots at team mates on purpose so I just votekick him then moment I see a complaint.

Sometimes a kick up the arse is what these new cunts need before they pull their head in.

• Mod

A big fat red popup saying “YOU JUST KILLED A TEAMMATE” on the guys screen would be nice as well.

• I am pretty tolerant of noob TKers. By now it’s just… whatever. TKed again.

• Mod

@dudeface:

I am pretty tolerant of noob TKers. By now it’s just… whatever. TKed again.

I still cry when I’ve been hacking away at a knight for a good ten minutes with a fork in an intense 1v1 and suddenly XXxxNoScopeBaratheonxxXX charge attacks into my back taking my kill and killing me.

#JustCuttleryThings

• i always get tked with shortbows when im in an intense 1v1

and by intense i mean getting feinted and running around in circles

• I’ve gotten so used to being TK’d every single engagement I can’t be bothered to be angry anymore.

If I know the guy is doing it on purpose, or the guy is just so dumb he does it on accident over and over and over, then I initiate a votekick.

• We tend to be more lenient on low level players with higher TD values, tend to warn them first. Admittedly we run 2 50 slots servers and we tend to know a lot of the players as regulars too, sometimes when new player come in a swing wild (which on a 50 slot server it’s often easier to be damaging teammates in mass melee’s :P) occasionally people suggest they learn the game a bit more in smaller servers or low rank servers.

At the end of the day while we’re a bit more tolerant of low rank player shenanigans, if the TD goes too high they’ll eventually get votekicked.

• New =! Stupid

• Damn them all!