[Sadface] People think these guys are speedhacking

• http://youtu.be/6vsngzRAjRU

So, basically Chivalry has become kind of inconsistent for a while now, but most of its quirks are not exactly game breaking. You need to learn to deal with it.

I’ve watched these clips over and over frame by frame and all these attacks are not necessarily unparriable. The worse ones take happen when the server is unstable due to player number and probably, hardware.
    Some people have had the nerve to say they were speedhacking to regen stamina faster, because one of them threw a 5 o 6 combo (all hits landed) and he still had stamina left…

I’m asking your opinion. Do you notice any weird speeds? IMO, this is skill, end of story. You probably could throw similar drags in a few minutes of practice, and most people -most of the accusers- use similar techniques all the time. Most likely, you’re already using them.

TB simply needs to improve their animations, find a way for getting drags to play more smoothly. And that’s it. The game would be amazing.

I feel sad because some players in my country started a witch hunt, trying to get speedhackers and exploiters off the server and some of them have become my friends. We scrub all the time and I’ve learned to respect their skills.
    I was willing to git gud in Chivalry, why can’t they?

Some other similar vids for reference:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bIQVBPPDFU
    http://youtu.be/RIHP7qBf4l0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FircMBnREu0

Edit: To give you an idea of our server, it’s in South America. A full server means at least half the players are from other countries, with pings from 60 to 80-90ms. When there are few ppl, my ping is usually below 40, but when it’s full, it goes up to 60 and sometimes eveb 70. This server is less than 10 km away from my home, btw.

• I blame the bubble reduction

• i blame bad servers

• I blame lag hak’n.

• I blame ignorance. I had some rank 16 people trying to kick me off the server yesterday because reason. and because double attack feint glitch(??).

Also, people raging at me when I spam stab with broadsword and they try to spam lmb. how 2 parry??

• Mod

Ehhhh messers… Broken weapon. Doesn’t sync with the animations properly and hugely overpowered.

• Almost all legit swings. The funny looking ones are because of lag or latency. The messer is also a bit OP, but that’s another issue. On a related issue, I really don’t think any tournament should be played unless all teams can participate with <90 ping. For reading feints, 40-60 ping is night and day compared to 95-115 (which is what west coast players get on Chicago servers). The quick fix is for everyone to play on Dallas servers. I did some testing, no matter where you are in the U.S. (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii) you won’t get above 90 ping on Dallas servers, unless your internet blows. The same cannot be said for Chicago servers.

• @Kreittis:

I blame ignorance. I had some rank 16 people trying to kick me off the server yesterday because reason. and because double attack feint glitch(??).

Also, people raging at me when I spam stab with broadsword and they try to spam lmb. how 2 parry??

There is actually a bug that causes you to double flinch from an attack. No double damage though. This newbie probably didn’t know about the bug and proceeded to think that you were cheating.

Also the Elite Knight skin for Mason is OP if bundled with the Messer skin. They’re both black so honestly it’s very difficult to see the riposte frames going off in time.

• @Tyoson:

Ehhhh messers… Broken weapon. Doesn’t sync with the animations properly and hugely overpowered.

This. Messer is the desync king, espescially with overhead combos.

• @Xanith:

This. Messer is the desync king, espescially with overhead combos.

This this.

Messer is broken in even slightly skilled hands. Greatsword too.

• I wished more players played like that here is AUS… :(
    I constantly keep running into 180/360 spinning drags, or they’ll keep throwing in instant hit reverse overheads (where get up close, do a quick 180 flip & reverse overhead - the start of the swing instant hits whoever is behind you)… can get rather annoying

• @Henners:

I wished more players played like that here is AUS… :(
    I constantly keep running into 180/360 spinning drags, or they’ll keep throwing in instant hit reverse overheads (where get up close, do a quick 180 flip & reverse overhead - the start of the swing instant hits whoever is behind you)… can get rather annoying

No offense sir, but they do not instantly hit, there will always be a windup. You can see it coming if you’re ready for it, just wait for that twist of the body near the end of windup (the 180 spin). Once you parry them don’t riposte you can usually catch them panic parrying a riposte that isn’t coming and getting yourself a hit.

Reverse OHs also have a really short range, you can probably step back and stab them. Right now flinch in release will probably even keep you from ever having to worry about that come around hit at the end of it…

There’s something really wrong with those guy’s movement in some instances. I’m not seeing all of them, but the knights in the arena with the red hair are jerky as fuck. You do see this a lot with lag- it looks like they’re going faster than they are. I’m sure someone who understands latency better can explain that shit, but think about how guys “teleport” sometimes when it lags and how it might look like they’re moving fast.

• I’d love to see some mod(s) comment on this matter too.

@Kreittis:

I blame ignorance. I had some rank 16 people trying to kick me off the server yesterday because reason. and because double attack feint glitch(??).

The people calling other ‘hackers’ and ‘exploiters’ are above rank 40. They should know this stuff better before even h.

• @parkrangerstan:

Almost all legit swings. The funny looking ones are because of lag or latency. The messer is also a bit OP, but that’s another issue. On a related issue, I really don’t think any tournament should be played unless all teams can participate with <90 ping. For reading feints, 40-60 ping is night and day compared to 95-115 (which is what west coast players get on Chicago servers). The quick fix is for everyone to play on Dallas servers. I did some testing, no matter where you are in the U.S. (with the exception of Alaska and Hawaii) you won’t get above 90 ping on Dallas servers, unless your internet blows. The same cannot be said for Chicago servers.

I think this is because we care about Canada for some reason.

• You have a 60hz monitor. That’s your biggest problem.

• I think they’re carrying on with the bans or something.

Supposedly our admin spoke with a dev from Torn Banner, whom viewed the “proofs” and deemed people were hacking or exploiting on our server. Which is pretty sad because they think stuff like this is cheating:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9lVKKFpLk

Just look at that… No defensive footwork, all late/early parries or off-centered.

That knight surely is hacking! /sarcasm

Ffs.

• Its a tad late in the day now. Lots of old steam posts complained of insta overheads my self included months ago.
    What used to happen is the threads were then infested with elitists and fanbois with useful comments like its part
    of the game or gitgud scrubs. I should have thought to make some videos of this way back it would have saved time.
    well done Alphonse.

• @Alphonse:

I think they’re carrying on with the bans or something.

Supposedly our admin spoke with a dev from Torn Banner, whom viewed the “proofs” and deemed people were hacking or exploiting on our server. Which is pretty sad because they think stuff like this is cheating:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z9lVKKFpLk

Just look at that… No defensive footwork, all late/early parries or off-centered.

That knight surely is hacking! /sarcasm

Ffs.

It was a desync though. Missed about half the frames and the animation started late.

• it is my opinion it all went on dec 24th. Those vans were left with 100ft charges through the xmas break. It was feb?
    before they looked at. Also my complaints of this go back before the unsync stuff was about mr Monsteri tbh.

• @Monsteri:

It was a desync though. Missed about half the frames.

That’s how drags look like with a messer. This is how they look like with a SoW.

People have complained of missed frames on drags for ages.
    Please correct me if I misunderstood your post.

TB should really polish those animations.