Are these bugs?

• Firstly I was sparing with an archer and his butter knife. My action was to stab forward with longsword
    but he is out of range noticing this I am already moving back , he makes a stab forward and kills me
    with this smaller butter knife, As my longsword was out of range and having started moving back
    it was quite a surprise to be forward stabbed by his short short which is shorter range surely?

Are the damage ranges working ok with each weapon or all the same for all?
    second thing was a van charged me but with a 1h tomahawk? I thought that van charge was
    just for that long sword they use is that correct or is it any weapon they are holding.

• Archer probably just sprinted his stab in, meaning he started out of range but sprinted forward to hit late in release.

Vanguard charge can even be done with fists.

• Vanguards can’t charge with crossbows though. Trust me, I tried.

• @gndo:

Archer probably just sprinted his stab in, meaning he started out of range but sprinted forward to hit late in release.

Vanguard charge can even be done with fists.

It is possible but I have enough hours to know the ranges. If I was stationary but I was moving back also before he
    stabbed forward bearing in mind the forward range of my longsword. Perhaps its this unsync stuff.