Is it possible to make the character models update faster?

• If the character models were moving smoothly I’d imagine a lot of the WTF-moments would be fixed (and of course look much better without the jerkiness). It’s clearly being exploited by better players, when you move your mouse quickly enough the game just doesn’t keep up with the movements.

This is a pretty major flaw in a game where the combat is based on melee.

• @Leopardi:

If the character models were moving smoothly I’d imagine a lot of the WTF-moments would be fixed (and of course look much better without the jerkiness). It’s clearly being exploited by better players, when you move your mouse quickly enough the game just doesn’t keep up with the movements.

This is a pretty major flaw in a game where the combat is based on melee.

this is true, its always been like this though

wait for chiv 2 :P

• @zombojoe:

wait for chiv 2 :P

I’m trying as hard as I can. :(

• In other games then you start an attack at timepoint X and have a delay of 100ms ,it result in your attack starting at X+100ms
    Not in chivalry, it will start on the attcking client at X on the defending client at X+100ms and end on both clients at the same time Y.(resulting in missing frames on the defender side)
    With the exeption of the attaker maybe hitting a rock then it ends earlier on the attackers client (i think).
    Things get even more broken, then there are multible people in the line of attack.
    When the first person in the row of a swing blocks ,the second is by no means save ,because if the attacker has enough ping to reach the second person, before the server tell his client that he got blocked, he will score a hit.

• @TheFunnySide:

In other games then you start an attack at timepoint X and have a delay of 100ms ,it result in your attack starting at X+100ms
    Not in chivalry, it will start on the attcking client at X on the defending client at X+100ms and end on both clients at the same time Y.(resulting in missing frames on the defender side)

Huh, really? Seems weird.

• this is all cuz many networking things are handled by clients instead of the server in chivalry

in silky smooth games like counter strike or quake almost everything is handled by the server which leads to a very stable and consistent game

everything that chivalry is not lol

• @zombojoe:

this is all cuz many networking things are handled by clients instead of the server in chivalry

in silky smooth games like counter strike or quake almost everything is handled by the server which leads to a very stable and consistent game

everything that chivalry is not lol

It also means janky input lag if the server is not in your country.

• @Monsteri:

It also means janky input lag if the server is not in your country.

Yes, it is a pain in the ass to play with “gringos”… But with 170+ ping, if you have decent skills and can literaly predict some moves, you can have a good fight with moderate-high skill players. But against top players you are in deep shit.

Ripostes will be a nightmare, and the fastest weapons will fuck you with no mercy. I mean, you gotta parry on the windup animation, and if the dude knows how to throw some good timed feints, you are dead. No chance in feint reading with 170+ ping. Oh also drags, it’s a BITCH to read them with such ping.

• ripostes are bullshit with 100+ ping

the windup doesnt even animate

• @zombojoe:

ripostes are bullshit with 100+ ping

the windup doesnt even animate

There’s a sweet spot for ping where you can efficiently read attacks and parry them, while also having that 100+ ping riposte. With the correct weapon, it becomes pure guess work for trying to parry those 100+ ping ripostes.

Brandi slash, Claymore, Greatsword, 1 handers. Pretty much anything really that isn’t a Maul/Zwei.

• 120 ping is the sweet spot. You get the advantages of a high ping, but its low enough for you to defend against most attacks. Use the Claymore or MAA+Norse (with or without shield) for best effects.