Pre-order vs Buying Now

• Hi,

my game is still download and i hope will be a great one but i want to say that i noticed an unfair issue. I preordered (yesterday) a 4 pack game from the oficial website and it cost 60 €, in the gamersgate the same price, but now imagine my surprise when i see it in steam for 53 € !!! I have 1000s of game, only on steam i have more than 700 and is the first time ever i see a game that preorder is more costy that the price when release! Sorry to say that but my thinkings is that is not a fair. When you preorder you receive something more, a discount or more interesting contents, not a bigger price.

With best regards

Tércio

• I feel the same. Preordered for 25$ and now I see that it’s 18$ on steam.
    Not pleased at all.

• @kingston514:

I feel the same. Preordered for 25$ and now I see that it’s 18$ on steam.
    Not pleased at all.

So much whine these days on the forums, and Steam forums.

You pre-ordered to support the developers.

• And if I decided to buy it now I would also support the developers.

• @Mkilbride:

@kingston514:

I feel the same. Preordered for 25$ and now I see that it’s 18$ on steam.
    Not pleased at all.

So much whine these days on the forums, and Steam forums.

You pre-ordered to support the developers.

its a reasonable thing to “whine” about.
    you are kinda whining about his whining :P

• ? What region?

Buy Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
    $24.99 ADD TO CART

Buy Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 4-pack
    $74.99

From my steam page. USD

Which is the same as preorder.

• Hi Andrew,

Thanks about your reply.

when I brought the game from official site was 75 USD and i paid 60 €, the gamersgate was in € and had the same price 60 €. But my steam, Portugal/Europe region, shows 53 €. I not die because 7 euros, but i hope you understood the feel when i saw that.

Anyway i not yet started multiplayer but already saw the training and the game is better than i thought before, congrats guys!

With best regards

Tércio

• Oh, apologies.

Please read this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2476

• I almost wish I bought mine for more than 25 bucks. Comparing it to War of the Roses, which I believe was 35 for me, I wouldn’t have minded spending more for a better quality game.

• Can confirm the point taken by stavka5 - i too bought the game on pre order to support the dev team at €20.28 EUR and now steam is selling it at 17,99€ :o . Im still glad that i did it for the principle above mentioned, its a great game, but, still had to wait for the day of release and no extra content or bonus of any sort. Having said that, maybe a custom helmet or outfit in game i.e. should be issued to those who pre ordered the game; strikes me like a fair thing to do. just a thought.

• @DeusVult:

Can confirm the point taken by stavka5 - i too bought the game on pre order to support the dev team at €20.28 EUR and now steam is selling it at 17,99€ :o . Im still glad that i did it for the principle above mentioned, its a great game, but, still had to wait for the day of release and no extra content or bonus of any sort. Having said that, maybe a custom helmet or outfit in game i.e. should be issued to those who pre ordered the game; strikes me like a fair thing to do. just a thought.

Did you check out the link I posted above?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2476

You can get the $5 refunded or opt to get the soundtrack.

“For those of you who have previously purchased at the $30 level from our website, you have the option of receiving the official soundtrack for free, or to receive the $5 refund. It is a huge task for us to refund you the $5, but in the interest of fairness we are willing to do this for anyone who is bothered by the price change. Please send an email to fixups AT chivalrythegame.com with your name, email used to purchase the key, payment method and purchase date and whether you would like to receive the soundtrack or the $5 refund.”

• Hi Andrew,

I tried the game, is the best online game i ever played.

Ohhh, about the refund or music pack, i don’t mind. You deserve that extra money, the game have top quality and is very cheap. Use that extra bucks to buy some chocolates and distribute them to the devs.

With best regards

Tércio

• Mr.Andrew, dont think you quite get it my friend. I did not buy it for 30 bucks, no 5 ones due of any sort - neither i would reclaim it - like ive previously said, great game and very well worth the money; bought it at 24,99, and uppon release the game was cheaper on steam, that`s it no sod there or regreats, just facts. what i did mentioned was a simple way to, at some point, reward those who pre ordered the game at a higher price thus supporting the devs and upholding the game throughout. nothing fancy.

not saying i want it, just that it would be fair and it`s good for the morale of the troops my good sir. ;)