Invalid sdk map

• This really annoying crash comes up sometimes during map transition. I have the mod Giantslayers installed on my server and it works fine. This crash also pops up on some other servers if voteresetmap is successfully used.

Is there a fix for this?

The full error message is along the lines of The server attempted to transition into an invalid SDK map and has been recovered. Please reconnect.

on reconnect the server returns to aocctf-moor_p which is the first map in the rotation

• I’ve had giantslayers running on a server for several weeks straight without seeing this bug.

I’d start with the obvious things first: the maplist section of your pcserverudkgame.ini, the serverdownloadlist.txt file and what file id’s are in the cookedsdk folder on the server. It’s probably an old map that’s been left behind on the server

• Alright, I cleared out every downloaded mod in the cookedsdk so giantslayers would reinstall.

I rearranged the maplist and found out that the map crashes from AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_p to AOCTO-Stoneshill_p

Although I don’t know why. I don’t know what the serverdownloadlist.txt is as i’ve never seen/used it. Here’s the code after my udk.exe target: aocctf-moor_p?dedicated=true?steamsockets?modname=giantslayers -seekfreeloadingserver -sdkfileid=226726898

This is the maplist:

Maplist=AOCCTF-Moor_p
    Maplist=AOCTO-Battlegrounds_v3_p
    Maplist=AOCTO-Stoneshill_p
    Maplist=AOCTO-Citadel_p
    Maplist=AOCCTF-Ruins_Large_P

• Update: it only seems to happen between Battlegrounds and Stoneshill.

Halp!

• The serverdownloadlist.txt file normally sits in the CMWSDKFiles folder and just has a list of workshop file URLS in it.

That’s weird, I was kinda expecting the old arena_5 thing to be causing an issue, not a crash between battlegrounds and stoneshill. What happens if you start on a random level then manually switch to either of those level (adminchangemap) does it still crash on one.

There’s also a chance there could be something corrupt in the maps - you could try removing them and reverify the cache to begin redownloading them

• @MonkeyFiend:

The serverdownloadlist.txt file normally sits in the CMWSDKFiles folder and just has a list of workshop file URLS in it.

That’s weird, I was kinda expecting the old arena_5 thing to be causing an issue, not a crash between battlegrounds and stoneshill. What happens if you start on a random level then manually switch to either of those level (adminchangemap) does it still crash on one.

There’s also a chance there could be something corrupt in the maps - you could try removing them and reverify the cache to begin redownloading them

Now I really have no idea what’s going on.

So I posted my maplist prior and it won’t get to stoneshill, but when I change the map to stoneshill manually it works of course but then on map change the server switches back to battlegrounds, ignoring Ruins and ignoring Moor

what is going on with my server?

• I removed stoneshill. Seeeeeeeeems to have fixed it but I have not tested the full rotation yet.

• in that case I’d also consider removing the stoneshill map, then reverify/redownload it in case it’s become corrupted