Playing With Random Weapons

• Mod

I get sick and tired of using the same weapons over and over again and it’s entertaining mixing it up and doing a random class and weapon each time I spawn. It’d be awesome to see a modded server have something similar, it’d be a nice way to prove the best all rounder.

I was real hungover this morning so felt it was the appropriate time to make a video on something new. Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5684CJ25YrI

• Seems like every time I random, I keep getting the same loadouts. Is this just me?

• @Goregasm:

Seems like every time I random, I keep getting the same loadouts. Is this just me?

No, it’s broken.

• I’d like to see a mod where everyone starts with crap weapon/no weapon but there are weapons randomly spawned around the map to pick up. Could be a fun diversion

• @MonkeyFiend:

I’d like to see a mod where everyone starts with crap weapon/no weapon but there are weapons randomly spawned around the map to pick up. Could be a fun diversion

I’m working on a hunger-games styled map. That’s probably as close as it gets at the moment.

In the editor, there’s also an example map with weapons that can be picked up. There should be more custom maps following this principle.

• Mod

@Goregasm:

Seems like every time I random, I keep getting the same loadouts. Is this just me?

I get that too sometimes. Happened once in the vid. A bit annoying actually. Still a bit of a fun though. Another thing which needs patching…

@Rickvs:

I’m working on a hunger-games styled map. That’s probably as close as it gets at the moment.

In the editor, there’s also an example map with weapons that can be picked up. There should be more custom maps following this principle.

Sounds cool. I’d love to see something like this in action. I loved gungame on counter strike source because it felt more balanced. You’d have to earn the next weapon by getting a kill, which was cool. Dunno if it’d be possible to mod something similar though. Could start with messer and work back to fists or something.

• I think you forgot to update your vanguard outfit with your shiny new helmet.

• Mod

@dudeface:

I think you forgot to update your vanguard outfit with your shiny new helmet.

I normally wear the shiney gold helmet but I was trying to look like Yarnu The Dog :P

• Gold helmets are ugly anyway.

I think I have used mine like total 3 times or something. Once with MLGMAA because it was funny.

• @Goregasm:

Sling sling sling sling sling.

• I would love to get a FFA like quake, with weapons spawned in the map with health pack, were we could bunny hop around the map to get control of it.

IMO, it would be awesome… Thanks to Retsnom tweaks I already play with quake 2 graphics, Imo it would be nice to get closer in gameplay

• @Kreittis:

Gold helmets are ugly anyway.

I think I have used mine like total 3 times or something. Once with MLGMAA because it was funny.

Mason Vanguard’s LotR…ring helmet is best.

• This post is deleted!

• Random really needs to give you a random weapon/class on each respawn, I don’t use it because it doesn’t do this. Or does it now?

• Mod

@Toll:

Random really needs to give you a random weapon/class on each respawn, I don’t use it because it doesn’t do this. Or does it now?

It seems to work 90% of the time. It randomly gives you the same weapons sometimes though. I think it may need tweaking to be honest. I’m not even sure if there’s a random option in the new UI. I hope so :O

• Oh, so it randoms class and weapon now? I might have to give it a try.

How shit was that server last night, lagggy laggy laggy.

• Mod

@Toll:

Oh, so it randoms class and weapon now? I might have to give it a try.

How shit was that server last night, lagggy laggy laggy.

Horrible lag. It seems to keep happening, and anytime a server starts running smooth, Citadel comes on and crashes half the players, or coldfront comes on, gives everyone 150+ ping and everyone leaves. Why this shit isn’t hotfixed or these maps aren’t removed until they’re not broken and killing off the player base is beyond me…

• watch @ 05:15 (the first 3secs)
    why is the opponent not dead already or getting flinched by the combo attack?

• Mod

@django:

watch @ 05:15 (the first 3secs)
    why is the opponent not dead already or getting flinched by the combo attack?

Because Torn Banner won’t fix their shit. I don’t know why they keep on working on new features before the work on game breaking bugs. I’ll probably never know. Because they never respond to important posts regarding these issues.