MAA's worst enemy: Onehits

• I recently play chivalry again, after a quite long pause, and I have to say, I never got wrecked so hard.

I mainly play MAA and i’m okay with being 2shot by pretty much everything but getting oneshot 10 times per match is just TOO MUCH. It seems like everyone uses these high damage weapons to overhead-drag the hell out of me. And this is just ridiculous. Wouldn’t be a problem if you could block, but since you can’t block a well performed drag, and since it’s not hard to drag, it really starts to piss off.

Oh, and it’s not only the overhead, normal strikes can oneshot me either. I would be okay with this if it was only with headshots but that’s the thing. I’m really sure I got oneshot on body some times.

Just wanted to whine about dis.

Jezal :star:

• dodge away from the weapon
    hit them first while they’re sprinting and it’s a guaranteed flinch

• You just need some practice. You can block all drags, for a start, but as a maa you have dodge and a high foot speed to be able to avoid drags quite easily. Lack of health is the only weakness of a maa, there’s no valid reason to want maa to be able to tank headshots.

If this is happening ten times a match in TO, then with respect, you’re playing maa completely wrong. Your place is on the peripheral of the fight where you can always run away or out manoeuvre opponents, and you should try to control the situation so you’re one-on-one, which is the bread and butter of the class. I presume this is happening because you’re diving into the middle of group conflicts and not playing to the class strengths?

The only weapon that can one shot maa that should give you trouble is the messer, and even then, only good or lucky head shots with an accel swing. The messer will possibly be nerfed at some point anyway because its windup is too fast, making shots like that easy to land.

Maa is powerful as fuck, it certainly doesn’t need buffing in health or resistances.

• More weapons should one shot MaAs to the torso and MaAs should have less resistance. If you’re getting hit as MaA, you’re making mistakes.

• Mod

Kill all man at arms. They irritate me so much. Don’t make them stronger!

• If you get hit by a Messer you are at fault, but then on of the ten enemy archers point and clicks his xbow at you notice how underpowered maa is. And then there is the Javelins too. The thing is dodge doesnt work against archers, because it is no telegraphed
    then they shoot their arrows and once the arrow is the air the client side hit detection does the rest. So often have i dodged and found myself killed 3 meters away from my position.
    The secound most annoing thing is vanguard charge headshots. They are so incredibel inconsistend, asspecially then they are up or down hill. I wish all charges would finaly be changed to stabs or removed. (because i dont trust tbs to fix them ever)

• @TheFunnySide:

If you get hit by a Messer you are at fault, but then on of the ten enemy archers point and clicks his xbow at you notice how underpowered maa is. And then there is the Javelins too. The thing is dodge doesnt work against archers, because it is no telegraphed
    then they shoot their arrows and once the arrow is the air the client side hit detection does the rest. So often have i dodged and found myself killed 3 meters away from my position.
    The secound most annoing thing is vanguard charge headshots. They are so incredibel inconsistend, asspecially then they are up or down hill. I wish all charges would finaly be changed to stabs or removed. (because i dont trust tbs to fix them ever)

My opinion: Problem with archer, do something about them. Don’t buff Maa.

Inclines suck for every class- though I agree it’s gotta suck to get your head lobbed off with one hit from a vanguard. But assuring a 2-shot with maa when you can 3-shot a knight with the same weapon is not a great solution. You’re paying for you instant miss button and incredible movement speed with frailty, sorry.

Two charges that hit the head can kill a knight, right?

VG charge to stab is something I support.

• With the ability to dodge as maa I don’t really see them getting one shot with certain weapons as a problem. Drags aren’t that hard to deal with once you get more familiar with the game. Just stick it out and you’ll get the hang of it.

• Man at arms is not easy class to start with but once you learn the game, you’ll notice how stupidly good and effective he is and definately does not need any kind of resistance buff whatsoever.

• Wouldn’t be a problem if you could block, but since you can’t block a well performed drag, and since it’s not hard to drag, it really starts to piss off.

Any decent player can block most drags. You’re getting rekt because you’re not as good as these other players, nothing more.

• None of the melee weapons one-shot the MAA with a torso hit. These ones will one-shot you in the head:
    zweihander (overhead)
    bardiche (overhead)
    brandistock (overhead)
    maul (overhead)
    messer (slash)
    double axe (overhead)

Vanguard charge attacks will also one-shot MAA with a headshot.

• Realistically, most head shots with bladed slashes should be a one hit kill on the maa. Your neck is totally exposed. I’d just be happy you can’t be ohk’d by the broadsword, dane axe, falchion, sword of war, longsword, claymore, poleaxe, bearded axe, halberd, and billhook, all of which would normally lop your head off in one hit anyway. Also, you can do that teleport-dodge; do that more.

• We should just make everything one shot MaA. While we’re at it we can nerf archers, nerf Vanguards and buff Knights back to pre-June patch meta so we go back to Chivalry: Knight SoW warfare.

Honestly, MaA balance is in a good place right now. It’s really just his lame ass bugs (dodge mid combo, FiR in general, dodge not stopping HP regen etc. etc.) that TB refuses to fix which cause problems. Once Knight get an appropriate buff, Archer damage gets reworked/shortsword speed nerfed and Vanguards get Brandi/Greatsword reworked, then maybe Knights will stop getting their shit manhandled by the faster classes.

• Wait a minute I just realized. If MAA are such a problem in the EU meta, how come they don’t make their archers use HCB? Their archers apparently have 100% accuracy so one-shotting MAA with a HCB should be EZ-PZ right?

• Wait a minute I just realized. If MAA are such a problem in the EU meta, how come they don’t make their archers use HCB? Their archers apparently have 100% accuracy so one-shotting MAA with a HCB should be EZ-PZ right?

Prob because you can use the heavy javelin for 120% accuracy and faster reload while being able to do objectives
    and having a shield. The thing is, the team with the best archer wins, its only then archers are not allowed that MAA shines. Also Duell meta shouldnt be extended to the rest of the game

• @TheFunnySide:

Prob because you can use the heavy javelin for 120% accuracy and faster reload while being able to do objectives
    and having a shield. The thing is, the team with the best archer wins, its only then archers are not allowed that MAA shines. Also Duell meta shouldnt be extended to the rest of the game

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. If you’re referring to LTS, Yuropeans don’t play LTS at all.

• @Flippy:

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. If you’re referring to LTS, Yuropeans don’t play LTS at all.

I played melee only LTS once.

TO is still better tho’.

• Mod

@Flippy:

Why don’t they LTS? Don’t like waiting to spawn when they get one shotted? ;)

• Because the game isnt at its best then you LTS, that said there is only one map for TO ;(
    TBS i am looking at you

• @TheFunnySide:

that said there is only one map for TO ;(

Darkforest and stoneshill are both viable. Battlegrounds can work too, hillside if you are masochist.