Freezing in game + fps drops

• I will put it clearly, I attack someone and my screen freezes for 3, 5 or 10 seconds, then i find myself ingame dead. Someone’s attack me, same thing happens. Not to mention fps drops from 60 to 30-40 in combats. It is unplayable and I am ****in desperate here is the list of things i tried for fixing this issue: set everything on low and false playing windowed on resolution 1152x864 didnt work, changing bsmoothframerate from TRUE to FALSE didnt work aswell + changing min and max smoothframerate 0/60 22/60 40/60 60/70 60/90 in all combinations with TRUE or FALSE didnt work, reinstalling whole win7 with formating HDDs, didnt work, open task manager and put priority to high in processes for chivalry, didnt work, game booster 3 didnt work, tried to open nvidia control panel for disabling integrated video card but when i opened control panel i didnt have such an option so it seems i dont have any other integrated gpu only primary nvidia gtx 460m 1.5gb, my cpu is i7 2630QM 2.0ghz (quadcore), RAM 4GB. It is a laptop Asus g73sw and i play with turboboosted intel with high performance option. I am ****in desperate I ran this game before thos bloody TB patches smoothly and now I can’t. I am planning to repaste my gpu and cpu with thermal compound and cleaning fans completely by demontage the whole laptop, it is my last hope/attempt how to fix something. If this won’t help I don’t know what else could >:(. Oh and yeah of course I have latest drivers from nvidia, when playing on everything low and windowed mode my cpu working on 25%, RAM 58% and GPU is probably 80°C which isnt good… anyone experiencing same issues or have any advices for fixing this problem? I want to play smooth like before :(.

• minimum cpu requirements is a 2.4ghz core 2 duo, and thats for a DESKTOP cpu. A comparable laptop cpu would probably be a 2.8ghz core 2 duo, not sure, but it wouldn’t be a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo in a laptop.

So i’m not sure what can be done about that there. Then again you said it used to run fine, and lots of other people claim the games fps used to be smoother, i can’t disagree with them really. All i can say though is you might not get any official responses from torn banner as your specs are below the min requirements…maybe if they are really nice though. :p

I only speak in Ghz here as i know this game/this engine is very cpu limited and unoptimized for cpus and in those scenarios usually the higher clock speed and performance per clock speed wins… but im no expert.

• @Psyfon:

minimum cpu requirements is a 2.4ghz core 2 duo, and thats for a DESKTOP cpu. A comparable laptop cpu would probably be a 2.8ghz core 2 duo, not sure, but it wouldn’t be a 2.4 ghz core 2 duo in a laptop.

So i’m not sure what can be done about that there. Then again you said it used to run fine, and lots of other people claim the games fps used to be smoother, i can’t disagree with them really. All i can say though is you might not get any official responses from torn banner as your specs are below the min requirements…maybe if they are really nice though. :p

I only speak in Ghz here as i know this game/this engine is very cpu limited and unoptimized for cpus and in those scenarios usually the higher clock speed and performance per clock speed wins… but im no expert.

My specs cannot be below the minimal requirements. I did a test for minimal requierements on www.canirunit.com and i passed -> look https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/670x955q90/849/mzsd.jpg … I dont have core 2 duo, I have QUAD core… 4 cores each one 2ghz and when i press turboboost each one is 2.9 Ghz, so I don’t think that problem is my CPU, its a gaming laptop bought in 2011, chivalry was released i think in 2012 its U3 engine game, I ran hell of a games which required more than chivalry finely… even chivalry before those patches I ran in 60 frames or more on medium details… but I never ever had freezing like this… for 5-10 seconds everytime when saber contact happen. Although I thank you for ur response and trying to help me I appreciate it.

• what i mean is the game doesnt even use 4 cores to begin with so they wont help you much there…although if turbo boost brings you up to 2.9, thats not too bad. I’ll leave this to the experts.

/opinion/ i will say though, some advice from me is to never buy a gaming laptop again…you could build a desktop PC with 10x the performance for the same price or cheaper… /opinion/

i’m not dissing you or anything though. you claim you used to run this game fine and i believe you, i used to play on my mac laptop that ive had forever to record music with (windows running in bootcamp) and i had a laptop i5 that only went to 2.4ghz and a gt 330m, and i believe i also ran the game on medium/lowish settings without these problems, i havent tried in a while but lots of people are reporting this game is running alot less smooth than it used to, so i think you definitely have some right to complain here.

• Assuming you’re the same guy on the steam forums, I replied there:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/45350791141709241/