Stonehill (TO) crash

• How come Stonehill still crashes 8 out of 10 times? It’s been happening for as long as I remember (played 1300 hs) (along with other weird issues).
    I don’t get it.

Scenario:
    You’re playing a 32/32 in Stonehill, a team gets rid of the peasants. Someone throws a stone with the catapult… Random freeze+crash.

And, at least on my server, other players also get crashes at the same time I do, so I’m sure it’s something to do with the map or the game.

Notes:

• It happens with low/high graphic settings
    • 32 or 64 bit mode
    • Most likely to happen after an objective change
    • For some reason it seems to happen more frequently when people use the catapult. I typically hear a stone falling and bam!, CMW has stopped working.
    • I have 4 GB RAM. People get these crash too with more memory/better rigs.
    • Windows 7 SP1.

Usually after it crashes, CMW.exe is using over 2300 MB of memory in the Task Manager, which is insane.

Priority:
    It’s your best looking team objective map. Please fix.

• It’s strange, I don’t think I have ever encountered this particular bug with stoneshill (700+ hours). Does this just seem to happen on your server, or is it common on other/official servers?

• I get this same crash too. Happens about 1/3rd of the time for me, but maybe if it’s cata-related it’s just a question of circumstance. Mine always seems to crash 10 or 20 seconds after the first objective, after the ram has rolled out.

I emailed my launch log and crash dump file to TB a while back, so they’re aware of the problem at least.

• Never had an issue myself on NA servers (~1200 hours)

No freezing or anything either

• My VGA is AMD (7850).
    Do people with Nvidia cards also get a similar crash on Stonehill?

I’ll ask the other players on my server when it happens. Also look for the crash log.

Btw, I should mention that I don’t play the official server (ping too high).
    Also, the 8/10 rate I mentioned earlier does not actually mean my own Chiv crashes. It’s just that all of a sudden, 6 or 8 ppl leave the server and it’s crash related.

• @Alphonse:

My VGA is AMD (7850).

I’ll ask the other players on my server when it happens. Also look for the crash log.

Also, the 8/10 rate I mentioned earlier does not actually mean my own Chiv crashes. It’s just that all of a sudden, 6 or 8 ppl leave the server and it’s crash related.

Well I have an AMD card also, 7950, and like I said haven’t encountered this problem (touch wood), sounds like it might be hardware or software related though if it’s not affecting everyone.

• Possibly hardware. I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on a new SSD, and get the exact same crash.
    Radeon 6950, i7 2600k, 8GB RAM.

• @Alphonse:

My VGA is AMD (7850).

I have 7850 too and have never crashed on this map. Once I had the infinite door destruction sound bug, but the map has otherwise always worked like a charm.

• FTR, I think this only started happening to me 2 or 3 months ago.

• Ok, I finally got a dmp file for this crash:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/mm22c23hfnac6u6/Logs.rar

It happens randomly to me, and it’s pretty frequent to see ppl leaving the server simultaneously and all are crash related.

Hopefully TB will check this issue out.

Btw, the crash took place right before a Ballista shot impacted near me. I think I remember listening to the Ballista right before it crashes.

• Crashed today, here are my log and dump files.

Download log

Download dmp

• I never had a crash on Stoneshill …