FCC Launches Comcast/TWC Review

• http://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/washington/fcc-launches-comcasttwc-review/132322

This is taken from Tom Wheeler’s Wikipedia page.

“Prior to working at the FCC, Wheeler worked as a venture capitalist and lobbyist for the cable and wireless industry, with positions including President of the National Cable Television Association (NCTA) and CEO of the Cellular Telecommunications & Internet Association (CTIA).”

~http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Wheeler

So the president of the FCC was a lobbyist for the cable and wireless industry.

'Murica.

• obviously with big goverment agencies you get gigantic opportunities for corruption

• nothing new, but always gross

military and private sector have shared a huge revolving door since the end of WWII. a long road of small injustices now paves the way for political officials to maneuver policies in place that will benefit the sect of business in the private sector where they’ll move after office… a nice cozy job waiting for them with plenty of slaps on the back and “way to go’s!”

Ordinance Commission of Vietnam was willing to slant the M-16 rifle in tests in order to make the M-14 look superior. Even after the M-16 replaced the M-14, Ordinance and the Springfield Armory went against the rifles specifications on purpose, using different propellant that would cause the weapon to jam and also not chrome lining the barrels which caused corrosion and failings. They also told the soldiers the rifle never had to be cleaned. The bad stigma the rifle garnered and that you probably read about in history books, was only a result of bassackwards policies and greed

So in other words, they threw american lives under the bus in order to slant a superior product that replaced their aging turds.

• Just huff some of this Agent Orange before going out into the front lines, it helps a lot. Also, take this Cyanide needle if you need a boost of energy. Remember, this is for god’s country. MURICA!

Seriously though, fuck that scumbag government. I’d rather live in New Zealand. Lemon, I’m comin to bunk with ya for a few weeks bud. Prepare the guest couch and buy lots of beer and frozen chicken fingers.

• Ordinance Commission of Vietnam was willing to slant the M-16 rifle in tests in order to make the M-14 look superior. Even after the M-16 replaced the M-14, Ordinance and the Springfield Armory went against the rifles specifications on purpose, using different propellant that would cause the weapon to jam and also not chrome lining the barrels which caused corrosion and failings. They also told the soldiers the rifle never had to be cleaned. The bad stigma the rifle garnered and that you probably read about in history books, was only a result of bassackwards policies and greed

Wow, I never actually knew this. That is very sad.

• yeah but the AK47 > M16 any day because that shit remains operational after being run over by a tank

• @zombojoe:

yeah but the AK47 > M16 any day because that shit remains operational after being run over by a tank

I agree, for Vietnam anyway.

The arctic, rolling hills and desert are the only areas where the M-16 will substantially outperform the AK-47, and the only reason is LoS and range. Urban combat, dense jungle, forests… most fights occur under 200 meters, so the increased accuracy of the M-16 doesn’t play a role. And of course, as you said, the AK platform is simply more robust and dependable.

Fun fact though: The round fired by the M-16 is smaller than the AK-47’s, but is fired at a higher velocity. The wounds inflicted by the M-16 were just as devastating, if not more so, than the AK-47’s because more body tissue is needed to absorb the higher velocity. This is what causes massive exit wounds.

@Flippy:

Wow, I never actually knew this. That is very sad.

My final term paper was a 16 pager on how the AK-47 in Vietnam changed American small arms policies in the military. I learned quite a bit and ended up buying a bunch of shit for my own WASR-10 hehe.