Chivalry: Medieval warfare

• I wish that you guys would let Chivalry Medieval Warfare be for ps4. It would be great for the game to get some more popularity and more players.

• The game would play like shit on a console and probably get less than 30 fps most of the time.

The game handles very poorly with a controller, people would get frustrated quickly.

It would take a very long time and cost a lot of money to make a port to any console.

So no, they should not make a PS4 version or any console version.

• I could honestly see this happening, ps4 supports using a m+kb and controllers work okay, with a dualshosck and some good mapping I believe it could work. We could maybe see cross platform play.

However, I think it’s a poor idea as of now.

• @UnbornAssassin:

I could honestly see this happening, ps4 supports using a m+kb and controllers work okay, with a dualshosck and some good mapping I believe it could work. We could maybe see cross platform play.

However, I think it’s a poor idea as of now.

I belive that controller players would get rekt so hard its not even funny.

Other than that, a dumbed down version for consoles could be good for moneys and popularity, but IMO we should build a wall separating the peasants version of the game, and the nobble one. Diferent development, diferent community and mainly, diferent bid. I mean, the pc chiv is a competitive game, the console one should be a really casual one because you know, consoles.

The console version could be an “intro” or even an audacious marketing move to the real thing, that happens in pcs.

• TBS doesnt have enough programming prowess to port to consoles, let alone fix small bugs on the PC version.

• This thread requires Goregasm

• This game runs mostly on 1 core. So the 8 core 1.6GHz AMD notebook processor that the PS4 has ain’t gonna cut it. You wouldn’t get double figures in frame rate. If it had a 3.0GHz 2 core CPU it could run it a bit lol.

• Mod

Chivalry 2 on the UE4 engine would be a high possibility. Chivalry 1, fat chance. It’d be fricken awesome to be able to 4 player split screen against my mates on a big ass TV and play though. Makes me moist just thinking about it.

• @Tyoson:

Chivalry 2 on the UE4 engine would be a high possibility. Chivalry 1, fat chance. It’d be fricken awesome to be able to 4 player split screen against my mates on a big ass TV and play though. Makes me moist just thinking about it.

I just hope they don’t compromise PC controls to make it easier for controllers. I can’t see them making the sequel for consoles too though; it’s a big, costly development overhead.

• Mod

@Harry:

I just hope they don’t compromise PC controls to make it easier for controllers. I can’t see them making the sequel for consoles too though; it’s a big, costly development overhead.

From what I’ve read the PS4 and xbone run on very similar architectures to that of the PC so porting isn’t a complicated process when compared to PC to 360 and PS3.

• @Tyoson:

From what I’ve read the PS4 and xbone run on very similar architectures to that of the PC so porting isn’t a complicated process when compared to PC to 360 and PS3.

Oh cool. I still think if they released a x-platform sequel it would lead to dumbing down. most console gamers aren’t concerned with depth, it’s all about instant gratification.

• Mod

@Harry:

Oh cool. I still think if they released a x-platform sequel it would lead to dumbing down. most console gamers are concerned with depth, it’s all about instant gratification.

Possibly. It would be interesting to see how they’d do it. I still hate playing shooters using a joystick, but my mates love it. I doubt they do cross platform if the console versions used controllers. The PC players would absolutely dominate.

• @Tyoson:

Possibly. It would be interesting to see how they’d do it. I still hate playing shooters using a joystick, but my mates love it. I doubt they do cross platform if the console versions used controllers. The PC players would absolutely dominate.

This is what worries me. If they wanted to make it x-platform they’d know that PC would dominate, so maybe they would design the controls to make controllers more effective at the cost of keyboard + mouse.

• If TB ever went consoles, they should do a spin-off, not a direct crossplatform sequel.