Do you feint in pubs?

• So I don’t normally feint in pub TO unless it’s against some guys I know don’t mind it.

I was just wondering if you guys do it regularly, or is it not worth the angst.

I feinted once against a rank 51 last night and he immediately called me a feint whore.

I do feel like I’m holding myself back by not feinting, and it annoys me that I am doing this because people can’t be bothered to learn to read feints. Oh and this is not about me wanting to pub stomp, it’s about me wanting to improve as a player.

Should I just do what I like and sod the consequences? It feels like it’s some kind of taboo despite it being a valid game mechanic.

• I never feint myself in pubs, only against people who I know will feint me back all the same.
    Valid game mechanic, sure, and I do agree with you that it’s annoying that some people can’t be bothered to learn to read feints.

But in the community’s current state, nobody expects a feint. It wouldn’t be my well timed feint that made me win, I know I would have won a battle because there was no way in hell the opponent could have expected it because it’s “taboo”.

So no, I don’t feint in pubs. I’d love to, but to me it feels slightly cheap because they simply couldn’t have seen it coming from a mile away.
    It’s for the same reason that I don’t reverse OH against rank 5’s.

• I don’t feint noobs, unless they are training, or they are a dagger archer. Fuck those guys.

• I would feint the shit out of them if they wouldn’t kick me but unforunately it’s not possible to feint on pub casue of that which is also one of the reasons why I hate playing on pub servers. If I play too much on pub I start becoming worse in scrims cause suddenly I have to remind myself that I have to read and perform feints.

• i do it all, dont care, havent been votekicked in a long time

• well tbh I don’t use it hardly ever simply as being a leftie my little pinkie can’t be bothered to reach down to slash key.
    The annoying factor is the already elastic high fov dancing insta superspeed sword strikers using it in that in that
    speeded up combo every time. Lately the crouch crowd is adopting it also. After you committed your swing imo
    crouching will overtake feinting as the most anoying thing for some players in pubs.

• Perhaps if all the players who want to feint but don’t for whatever reason, start feinting anyways, it would be more common, perhaps it could snowball from there with more people doing it and becoming less of a “taboo”. I mean people use drags why not feints.

Just a thought.

• I generally only feint if some feints me first

then I feint them back, murder them and, time providing, mutilate their corpse

• @MonkeyFiend:

I generally only feint if some feints me first

then I feint them back, murder them and, time providing, mutilate their corpse

A true warriors way tbh!
    I can read feints quite ok and do see them often but I wouldn’t say its worth kicking somebody off
    a server , after all it was in the training mode on day of release and fun to complete

• Well no one should be getting kicked for feinting anyway. Isn’t that votekick abuse?

• Never.

Though sometimes I return the feints of someone who tried to kill me with feints. It’s always fun because I know they’re raging behind their monitors but can’t complain because they tried the same cheap trick.

• I feint the fuck out of archers, especially xbow ones.

• @Jon:

Never.

Though sometimes I return the feints of someone who tried to kill me with feints. It’s always fun because I know they’re raging behind their monitors but can’t complain because they tried the same cheap trick.

No they aren’t raging behind their monitors, you delusionist. Also you really shouldn’t talk like you’re some kind of feint maestro who only doesn’t wreck people because it’s below you or something. We’ve all seen you play.

I feint in pubs all the time, a bit less than in scrims though. Also depends on what weapon I’m using. With easily draggable weapons like Brandistock and Messer I feint less than with weapons like SoW, because most pubs will fall for the simplest drags so I don’t need to waste my stamina on feints.

• In this game, if you cant kill 2 guys in less than 10 sec, you might have 2 more coming to help them… or worse you might have friendlies coming and TK you…

Even if you know you can win a fight without feinting, using it will help you to kill your ennemies faster. It means that you will generally have to fight less ennemies at once.

So the question is simple : Do you want to be the guy in control of the battlefield or the guy who’s like : “Oh fuck, the third one got me from behind while I was still fighting the second… damn!..” ?

Fuck what people think about feinting… use it

• This post is deleted!

• It’s hardly necessary though is it? Most people on pub TO servers don’t even block; a feint is usually a waste of stamina.

• i feint everybody, i don’t care if it’s a noob. I usually spam flash feints to laugh at them and tbag afterwards.

Come at me feint haters

• @Harry:

It’s hardly necessary though is it? Most people on pub TO servers don’t even block; a feint is usually a waste of stamina.

Perhaps not, but the more you fight with feints and all other techniques the more you will improve. Playing without feints as someone else already said isn’t going to do you any favours when you have to deal with them in scrims.

• Mod

Only time I ever feint is when the person feints me first. I can normally see the feint half the time anyways, or their swing after the feint completely misses because I step back. It’s just fun doing a couple of normal swings after like I don’t know what a feint is and then feinting and cutting their head off. I don’t even feint archers. Maybe I should until torn banner gets rid of that god damn back stab bonus…

• Feinting is fine and you should do it anywhere and everywhere. It’s an easily readable and punishable mechanic in the game. All the new bads seem to think it’s some sort of taboo instead of learning to deal with it and beat it. It isn’t anti-fun like archers and MaAs are, so there’s no problem.

When you pub all day, you get so used to playing against bads who never feint (or drag) that when someone does do it to you, it usually catches you off guard. That’s the biggest reason people get so upset about it. So it’s important to keep your self warmed up in good duel servers so you don’t drop in skill level by pubbing too much haha.