Do you sprint in pubs?

• So I don’t normally sprint in pub TO unless it’s against some guys I know don’t mind it.

I was just wondering if you guys do it regularly, or is it not worth the angst.

I sprinted once against a rank 51 last night and he immediately called me a sprint whore.

I do feel like I’m holding myself back by not sprinting, and it annoys me that I am doing this because people can’t be bothered to learn to counter sprint. Oh and this is not about me wanting to pub stomp, it’s about me wanting to improve as a player.

Should I just do what I like and sod the consequences? It feels like it’s some kind of taboo despite it being a valid game mechanic.

• As I am very lazy I just check toggle sprint and bind it to my move forward button tbh. It makes sense for me.

• I sprint in pubs all the time, a bit less than in scrims though. Also depends on what weapon I’m using. With easily draggable weapons like Brandistock and Messer I sprint less than with weapons like SoW, because most pubs will fall for the simplest dance so I don’t need to waste my stamina on sprinting.

• No, I’m not some clanfag exploiter.

• You can’t be serious imo. Are you trying to suggest sprinting is an exploit? I have never heard such rubbish tbh.
    Lets all just walk slowly across the battlefields while the Archers stick wood in our ears, head and backs.

• This is obviously a troll thread. Stop taking it seriously.

• @INerevar:

This is obviously a troll thread. Stop taking it seriously.

This is Rumple, trolling is serious business for him.

• @gndo:

This is Rumple, trolling is serious business for him.

I was merely jesting at the current state of chivalry, where we need to make threads to ask people if using game mechanics is decent.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

I was merely jesting at the current state of chivalry, where we need to make threads to ask people if using game mechanics is decent.

I wasn’t asking if using feints is decent, just asking if people do feint in pubs or do they just get abuse/kicked if they do. Personally leaning towards just doing it anyways, and yeah it is a joke that people have issues it.

• @INerevar:

This is obviously a troll thread. Stop taking it seriously.

its a legitimate question

• Sprinting is for people who bank on hit trades

• I only sprint on people who I know will sprint me back, or against dagger archers. Fuck those guys.

• I never sprint myself in pubs, only against people who I know will sprint back all the same.
    Valid game mechanic, sure, and I do agree with you that it’s annoying that some people can’t be bothered to learn to read sprinting.

But in the community’s current state, nobody expects a sprint. It wouldn’t be my well timed sprint that made me win, I know I would have won a battle because there was no way in hell the opponent could have expected it because it’s “taboo”.

So no, I don’t sprint in pubs. I’d love to, but to me it feels slightly cheap because they simply couldn’t have seen it coming from a mile away.
    It’s for the same reason that I don’t crouch against rank 5’s.

• I sprint the fuck out of archers, especially xbow ones.

• It’s weird how these comments still somehow make sense.

• How dare you imply that these comments aren’t legitimate complaints Mr. Monsteri. Sprinting is a crutch mechanic for 140fov tryhards whose only reply to being accused of as hacking is “footwork”. I’ll work my foot up your ass, you Usain Bolt hacker motherfuckers. Sprint in hell.

• @Rickvs:

I never sprint myself in pubs, only against people who I know will sprint back all the same.
    Valid game mechanic, sure, and I do agree with you that it’s annoying that some people can’t be bothered to learn to read sprinting.

Probably the hardest thing to learn in this game, reading when someone is going to sprint or walk, they could even just stand still, so confusing.

• Sprint whore

• At least you wont get flinched in release :D

• i sprint with my bow drawn, git gud