Is MAA too strong?

• watcha think fellow forum people?

• its underpowered as fuck

• fix his bugs and he’s not

• nerf op sprint first m8

• MAA is about as balanced as archer.

I think there is something wrong when I am more afraid of two melee archers than two knights/vanguards.

• This class is just a fatal fury or streetfighter sprite with spam and dodge and no skill what so ever and its op completely.
    Knights are the underpowered class esp with this out of sync current climate - game full of 3 other op classes
    that rely on spam and cartoon moves with lag spikes.

• Underpowered especially broadsword, it take a shitload of skill to master it.

• Yes, they’ve always been OP and only got more OP with their foot speed buffs and combo feint to parry stamina and speed nerfs. They don’t even need dodge at all.

• I don’t think so.

Archers wreck him.
    Vanguards can deal with them and can even out-stam them.
    Knight if he’s good enough with a primary, or just swaps to a decent secondary.

I would conclude that Knight is one of the weaker classes to go against him, next being Vanguard. Then again, we have seen plenty of Knights win tournaments in the past over a MaA 1v1. But then you could also say that the game should not be balanced around 1v1 meta shit.

• Not really IMO, just greatsword his ass.

• remove dodge and hes fine

MAA didnt need it in AOC to be a monster

• @DokB:

I don’t think so.

Archers wreck him.
    Vanguards can deal with them and can even out-stam them.
    Knight if he’s good enough with a primary, or just swaps to a decent secondary.

I would conclude that Knight is one of the weaker classes to go against him, next being Vanguard. Then again, we have seen plenty of Knights win tournaments in the past over a MaA 1v1. But then you could also say that the game should not be balanced around 1v1 meta shit.

It’s weird. Just speaking in duels, I’d rather use a MAA against a knight. But I use knight against maa. More comfortable in those matchups against good duelists. That’s just me though.

• @NoVaLombardia:

It’s weird. Just speaking in duels, I’d rather use a MAA against a knight. But I use knight against maa. More comfortable in those matchups against good duelists. That’s just me though.

Same here, if I am against a MaA I would rather be a Knight than a Vanguard. I’ve found the foot speed isn’t as much a problem as some people say, it comes down to anticipating what the MaA is going to do and to just keep pressuring him and falling back on the Knights tank-ability if things get a bit hairy. And if you’ve played a shit load of MaA like I have then you know most of the tricks a MaA player has and if you’re good at parrying the side stabs then they aren’t as scary.

If I’m the MaA I’d rather fights the Vanguard (whose preferably not using the Greatsword/Brandi) because I hate fighting Knights who either swap to their secondaries or have really good SoW skills, SoW stabs/overheads still makes me butt sore after all this time and a Knight with a Broadsword/Norse/HWS is scary. If they have a Messer then it’s a big gamble to do anything versus that weapon, so I usually go full scum bag mode and just outjew them with range.

• 1 handers are pretty good vs maa if you go for hit trades

• Just fix the bugs with maa, it would be perfect.

In duels, MAA is one of the best classes to use. An MAA can backpedal and backdodge so that a knight will literally never catch up, and MAAs can regen during dodging and backpedaling like this. DoF+A also punishes enemies from even attacking for fear of the MAA getting a free hit.

In teamplay, MAA is balanced. The main thing that makes it broken in duels (eternal backpedal/backdodge and regen) is not applicable to team fights, so it’s balanced. I think the 1v1ing capability of the MAA is one of it’s main strong points though, and if you were to nerf that then it would be underpowered.

MAAs main role I’d say in teamfights are locking down people from target switching (1v1ing), and being able to dodge around the fight and manage multiple opponents. The main weaknesses you have to look out for are his low health and damage. This is actually quite a big weakness against lots of vanguards and 2hander knights, because mobility is reduced with all the long reach enemies swinging about. MAAs cannot risk hit trades too often, so they have to find and create openings that are safe. This causes it to be a tricky class to play because it can be hard to find openings on feinting, dancing, and spinning vanguards/knights. Target switching is also difficult because of the high risk of trading. Many things like .8 flinch will often fuck a Man at Arms over, like when they find and opening and stab, but the enemy reverse overheads with a zwei or something and trades.

All in all, I believe that with a few tweaks like backpedal speed and DoF+A will make it perfectly balanced. I think that most people are just whining about getting rekt and need to git gud. In Duels it’s definitely got an advantage vs knights, but this doesn’t outweigh it’s “balancedness” in teamplay.

• @zombojoe:

1 handers are pretty good vs maa if you go for hit trades

You best be not sprinting there boy, unless you want to get flinched in release.

• @DokB:

You best be not sprinting there boy, unless you want to get flinched in release.

it is a feature

• It’s as much a feature as MaA dodging during stun or combo.

• maa dodging during riposte is super skillful

• maa toats UP

needs dodge speed increase