Archers are 2stronk, TB agrees

• Even Steve Piggot admits that Archers are anti-fun and there’s no depth or counterplay to them as melee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xNYn4WxJ1Go#t=165

• This is news to me, I always though Archers were supposed to be melee kings.

• That Chivalry looked very good imo. Fov 90 in snyc , will look again for mention of Archer later.

• First person deaths… I cry every time…

• thats back when nobody feinted or dragged so everything looks perfect

archer was mega OP on release, warbow had a much faster firerate and you could sprint with the bow drawn

• I kind of remember sprinting with the bow. Fuck that was awesome.

• @zombojoe:

thats back when nobody feinted or dragged so everything looks perfect

archer was mega OP on release, warbow had a much faster firerate and you could sprint with the bow drawn

But then you hit an archer they got stuck in reload loop and you could punsh them with your fist until the were dead

• you can still do that vs javelins :)

• archer prob needs buff tbh

• Sling archer killing armored knights in 3 hits is still my go-to type of medieval warfare.

• @zombojoe:

thats back when nobody feinted or dragged so everything looks perfect

But they used feints in the video.

• Mod

I like the part in the video where he said they’re very active in the forums :D

• I was digging around very old off-topic posts, looking for some relevant to necro. I found a post by Slygoat back in 2010 about how the community was awesome and how they should enjoy it before it gets flooded by a million idiots and TBS stops listening to the community to swim in their pools of cash. I don’t think he knew how accurate his powers of foresight really were.

I was gonna necro it but Joe was getting mad at me :(

(and Knifelegs would’ve banned me)

• @Oy:

TBS stops listening to the community to swim in their pools of cash

Like how they listened when they put out the summer patch?

• Well lets be honest even players who have never used Archer are lately picking up the harp and killing players
    with effortless effort usually with bows, after that falling back to the reliable Real butter swish knife.

• I don’t actually get the feeling that archers are OP and they are my least-played class. Just like any other class, it is the highly skilled ones who are a menace. That’s the way it should be. Noob-archers might get the occasional lucky shot now and then but overall I’d say their presence on the battlefield is more beneficial to the enemy team.

• @Ready:

I don’t actually get the feeling that archers are OP and they are my least-played class. Just like any other class, it is the highly skilled ones who are a menace. That’s the way it should be. Noob-archers might get the occasional lucky shot now and then but overall I’d say their presence on the battlefield is more beneficial to the enemy team.

That’s just another reason archers are so broken right now. Highly skilled ones (if you can even correlate skill to the point-n-click adventure which is the crossbow weapon tree) are devastating, their only hard counter being another archer (any archer with half a brain knows where to stand so they don’t get flanked or at least have team mates to run back to). And non-highly skilled archers will still be having a huge effect on a games enjoy ability and fluidity (shooting team mates, not being within an objective area to help, stealing kills, missing enemies, the occasional kill).

• I’m a terrible shot, and can still significantly augment defense. It’s ridiculous.

• @Toll:

I’m a terrible shot, and can still significantly augment defense. It’s ridiculous.

yeah but i guarantee you are better than 90% of the pub archers

you know those guys that ruin your fights and then you check the scoreboard and find them way at the bottom

those guys, definitely OP

• Mod

When you’re on the defending team in a pub and lead the game using a sling and sabre, you know somethings up. Archer melee is bullshit powerful. By the time a knight gets to you, you could have got two hard hitting lead balls on them, then it usually only takes one backstab to finish them. They shouldn’t flinch in release, they shouldn’t have backstab bonus, and they shouldn’t do 8 billion damage. It’d be a nifty feature for knights to not be flinched by archers tbh.