Zombie Hunter

• Last time someone peeped into valve’s internal servers a few months ago, it showed a dev team of around 75ish people working on L4D3 and about 40-something people working on HL3. It’s coming, just very slowly. Also Mr. Gndo, git on topic or I’ll sick the mods on ya.

• @Oy:

Last time someone peeped into valve’s internal servers a few months ago, it showed a dev team of around 75ish people working on L4D3 and about 40-something people working on HL3. It’s coming, just very slowly. Also Mr. Gndo, git on topic or I’ll sick the mods on ya.

HL3 will likely have zombies in it, and please don’t vomit mods on me.

• @Oy:

Half-life 2’s Ravenholm sequence is an old favourite as well, zombie infested town done right.

That was so good. Firing the saw blades and gas canister things at them was pure fun. Also the part where you meet the fast ones was really cool too.

I have to say though, my favourite ever is resident evil 1. I remember playing that in the dark late at night and it was really atmospheric; one of my favourite gaming memories. Not sure it’d stand up now, but a great game for the time, with actual puzzle (although still easy) and a survival feel as opposed to the later ones which were really just shooters.

• Those old ones were way scarier man, def more atmosphere and I think it was the fact that there was a fixed camera and your player moved independantly of it, but something made them terrifying when I was younger. I think it was the second one where you start out at the burning truck? That was my favourite.

• My favourite game includes zombies but is not centred around zombies:

Magic the gathering.

• good free to play zombie game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304930

• finally, Oy is no more!

my mighty quest has ended in victory. no longer must you play at this ruse people, we all know zombie games are old news from like 3 years ago.

Oy has been vanquished, you are free!

• @zombojoe:

good free to play zombie game

http://store.steampowered.com/app/304930

I know Unturned is in alpha and all, but there’s really nothing to do once you’ve played it for like 3 hours. Needs larger map, zomb respawns, etc etc etc. Other than that, it’s fun, and the mechanics are quite good.

• its early access

meaning it can only improve from here

the mechanics seem solid so check back in 2 years and it will be a solid game if all goes well

• That part in HL2 was pure gold, but I wished it was something more like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUIMDH6o7OU

I mean, some Combines could add an extra challange and maybe more way to use the gravity gun.

Other than that, Resident Evil 1 to Code Vernonica were all great games for me. Not really a zombie game but fuck, Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3 were so good. Its a shame that such a good game has died.
    Dayz is interesting too imo

• @Oy:

Those old ones were way scarier man, def more atmosphere and I think it was the fact that there was a fixed camera and your player moved independantly of it, but something made them terrifying when I was younger. I think it was the second one where you start out at the burning truck? That was my favourite.

Yeah, that was the second one. It was awesome too, but I particularly like the claustrophobic feeling of being trapped in one place that came with the original. The last resi I played was 5, and I hated it. It was about as atmospheric as Ikea.

• I tried playing The old RE games once, but they really seem like games you’d have to have played as a child to still enjoy.

• @B4RK:

I tried playing The old RE games once, but they really seem like games you’d have to have played as a child to still enjoy.

Yeah, probably too frustrating to play now if not for nostalgic reasons.

• Nemesis is still fun, for the sole fact you can legally cheat after you’ve beaten the game. (Merc missions definitely added to my replayability)

Quad Rocket Launcher 1 hits nemesis like the bitch he is, and I also bought the infinite ammo so he just sucks them down all game.

• This post is deleted!