MAA Dodge out of Flinch. Competitive Standards?

• Alright guys, shit talk and personal attacks aside, what is the competitive standpoint on this issue? Many people are doing this constantly, accusing others of doing it, etc. Generally, I do not encourage it and try my best to not do it.

But my opinion has changed and I think we should just allow it until it gets fixed. Too hard to regulate and isn’t being regulated properly either. All that happens is chat flooding with fuck yous and accusations.

I’m thinking of starting to use it intentionally until it gets fixed. It’s not exactly so gamebreaking that it causes mass wins. Hey, if it’s a real issue, abusing it will cause more attention to the issue, right? Also, if you really wanna ban it, you need to give consequences to those who have done it in a banned setting and also have proof.

What do you think?

• how do you dodge out of flinch again?

• It’s pretty hard to dodge-attack out of flinch unless you practice it / intentionally do it. Can we call it dodge-hittrading?

It’s pretty easy to regulate as far as a ref is concerned. 99% of the time you don’t do it accidentally, just like the old superdodging.

Once again, dodge out of flinch isn’t the problem, its being able to attack early afterwards.

• Once again, dodge out of flinch isn’t the problem, its being able to attack early afterwards.

This. MAA have been able to dodge out of flinch since alpha. Only recently have they been able to attack immediately after they dodge.

• I don’t know, it’s pretty hard to tell when exactly the flinch time ends. Hard to regulate imo in the heat of the fight.

Ofc it’d be nice not to abuse it.

• Or tb could fix it. Oh wait. tb. Silly me.

• Are you talking about dodge out of flinch or dodge attack out of flinch?

• who cares it isn’t gamebreaking and it’s also hard to estimate when flinch ends
    also nobody ever complains about it in EU, is it a big problem in NA? maa is op even without it

• He is referring to dodge cancelling flinch times and allowing for a faster attack. MAA have been able to dodge during flinch for a while, it is the bypassing of flinch times that is the problem.

• @SHH_:

He is referring to dodge cancelling flinch times and allowing for a faster attack. MAA have been able to dodge during flinch for a while, it is the bypassing of flinch times that is the problem.

I’m aware of the problem but he should be more specific since there are people who think dodge out of flinch is a problem.

• @Karasu:

I’m aware of the problem but he should be more specific since there are people who think dodge out of flinch is a problem.

Let’s call it dodge-hittrading then.

And Albert, I haven’t seen people abuse it in awhile, so people are starting to control themselves. But before, especially in MAA vs MAA, certain people would purposefully do these trades when the enemy is 1 hit away, or they would get it in muscle memory to do as soon as they get hit.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Let’s call it dodge-hittrading then.

And Albert, I haven’t seen people abuse it in awhile, so people are starting to control themselves. But before, especially in MAA vs MAA, certain people would purposefully do these trades when the enemy is 1 hit away, or they would get it in muscle memory to do as soon as they get hit.

Dodge attack out of flinch is nice

• DoF is toats comp

• Isn’t big deal? What are you smoking guys? It’s fucking retarded as it is, especially connected with flinch in release. Reposting a maa? Lol nope, pro 1337 dogde stab and gg, outplayed, your riposte gets flinched. And yes, I don’t give a damn about dodging while flinched as it’s all about dodge canceling flinch.

• Jimmy you should make a new poll in a new thread and be more specific. Dodge out of flinch is okay and has been in the game forever.

• @Bladek:

Isn’t big deal? What are you smoking guys? It’s fucking retarded as it is, especially connected with flinch in release. Reposting a maa? Lol nope, pro 1337 dogde stab and gg, outplayed, your riposte gets flinched. And yes, I don’t give a damn about dodging while flinched as it’s all about dodge canceling flinch.

After you hit a parry you’re in a recovery state. Dodging doesn’t cancel this recovery state so what you just said is impossible.

• Ok, I’ll make another poll, I just assumed everyone knew I was talking about dodge attack out of flinch. I realize that dodge out of flinch is fine.