Mouse sensivity

• When I first started playing chivalry i immediately noticed that the mouse sensitivity was wayyyyyy too high for my liking. I have since kept it at the minimum in the in game settings. Does this make drags harder since you have to move your mouse more? Also what do you guys use as your sensitivity.

• I use 30, and no it doesn’t make them harder unless it’s something tiny like 5, as the mouse sensitivity is capped while attacking or parrying. No idea what the cap is, though. Below 30 anyway.

• Yeah, 5 is what I use and no wonder I felt drags were so hard to do :). I’m gonna try 30 since now I know other people use high sensitivity so it might me ok.

• 25-28 ingame
    also, my mouse has a DPI selector with 3 presents, which I set to 1200, 1350, 1500 DPI

I use the lowest setting with MaA/Archer, the mid setting when I’m playing K or Vanguard (i.e., 80% of the time), and the highest when I’m feeling particularly acrobatic.

• 700 DPI 15 sens, IMO if you can get used to a lower sens it’s always better because of the drag cap limiting you anyway

• I used sens 11.00000 it makes sense as it smooths out. Plus my mouse adjustments in my video.
    on my other rig its on 6.000 the same as control panel mouse. Low is so much better in any fps games.

• 3.500dpi

Melee Combat: 35sens
    Ranged Combat: 10sens

I have buttons to switch sensitivities (and FoV).

• That reminds me of when I used to make custom configs for the 133ty’s.
    why not make a bind that spins you 180, or a really challenging one would be a button that makes you respawn
    with the Class and Loadout already. Say F9 and F10 one for each team. This game has a lot of potential for
    a config guru. Also The best way to determine mouse is just do a jump and spin to near 180 or 190.
    That is often the best mouse setting in any video fps games. Just jump , spin and land near exact to 180.
    This is all you need. Once that is done then bring in the zero’s after sense eg 6.00000000 and enable or
    disable accel to suit your needs.

• 400 dpi 6 ingame.

Don’t forget Field-of-view effects sensitivity in Chiv.

• Yeah, 5 is what I use and no wonder I felt drags were so hard to do :). I’m gonna try 30 since now I know other people use high sensitivity so it might me ok.

It depends on your dpi dude, if you use 400dpi / 5 sens than yeah maybe it’s a bit to low because i don’t recall someone being that low in chiv but with 800 dpi or more you can do everything lol, i use 14 / 400 dpi.

+planetus doesn’t count he play archer lol.

• too high on your dpi and your mouse starts glitching out with fine movements. This will cause your attack to stop dead in its tracks because of the direction changing that keeps happening that you are unable to see.

• 700dpi 30 ingame works well for me.

• 450 dpi 3.1 ingame

• 400 dpi 8 ingame

• About 400dpi, 1:1 Windows sensitivity, all mouse-acceleration turned off, about 15ish ingame. Vsync turned off, fake-triple turned off.

Input lag=minimal.

DODGY DELL MOUSE that sometimes scrolls up instead of down and vice versa BUT!

STAB! wait no, no no no noonnono not overhead, crap it…

• In game I use 50+, but my mouse is shit tier

I hate low sensivity

• @Toll:

DODGY DELL MOUSE that sometimes scrolls up instead of down and vice versa BUT!

STAB! wait no, no no no noonnono not overhead, crap it…

Best mouse ive ever had was a shitty dell mouse, lightest mouse ive ever used. Lasted 6ish years before it started going kaputs.

as of right now i use 900 dpi, 18 in game.

• 800 dpi, 6 ingame

I don’t get how people can play with such jacked sensitivities. What do you only have like 6 inches of mousepad or something?

• @NoVaLombardia:

too high on your dpi and your mouse starts glitching out with fine movements.

Yup. Some sensors in laser mice have a weird +10% acceleration with fine movements which may cause pretty weird drags.

• I never realised so many of you used such low sensitivity. I’ve been using the default 30 sensitivity with 1600 dpi for some time now.

I thought my settings were reasonably low, will I get weird mouse movements using these settings?

Is it really worth me trying to get used to less? I quickly tried 15 sensitivity and didn’t really care for it.