Best competitive map pack

• Does this game have a selection of the best possible maps picked purely for comps and scrims?
    I suggest eg for T/O a pack of the Best Agreed Three maps for all comps. They must have near
    perfect balance for teams so it should be the skill of the clan that wins not the map advantages.
    If a match was drawn on the Two maps then the Third would be used for a decider.

The ideal maps could be used for any game mode due to almost identical halves etc.
    Off course the maps would be better if they ran the smoothest without slowing down
    the server or players.

What about the Throne room map with a Throne room section in both halves ?
    Each side could be slightly shorter but at the kings throne blue or red lions
    that define what side of map your in. CTF would be a flag at each end,
    T/O would be to kill the king at one end. TDM and FFa would also work.
    Due to map being identical at both ends this way. It runs smoothly also.
    http://i.imgur.com/Cr39rZs.jpg

• The thing is with these kind of layouts, players get bored easily.

Besides, when playing a competitive match of TO, both teams always play attacker AND defender, 2 rounds total.
    Obviously if you only needed to play 1 round, every attacking team would pick Citadel.

Concerning running smoothly, Crushed made a map pack that contains the most common used maps in competitive play and removed non-gameplay impacting detail such as grass and probably some LOD meshes as well.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=233036815

• A map pack that could be used in all game modes was my initial thought tbh. The adjusted Throne room might have done that.
    (providing TB sanctioned it). I will go and check some maps out when my rig is fired up again.

• Well, no one is going to use FFA maps for competitive chivalry, and TDM is just a less fun version of TO. CTF might work, I guess, but the CTF maps aren’t great.

• Someone should recreate 2fort so that we can have infinite CTF stalemates.

• @Kreittis:

Someone should recreate 2fort so that we can have infinite CTF stalemates.

well back to work!

• When I made Ore, I was thinking of a TO that could be played in a competitive way.

It’s a 20 min long TO aimed to be played on both side (thus 40 min).

Each objective are made in order to have multiple fight style. I mean, the first one promote 1vs1 fights, the second put forward coordinated groups fights, and the third privilege full team fight. Keep in mind it remains a TO thus team work is the main part of the game and all objective can be done with other approach.

Try it !

• @Perlin:

When I made Ore, I was thinking of a TO that could be played in a competitive way.

It’s a 20 min long TO aimed to be played on both side (thus 40 min).

Each objective are made in order to have multiple fight style. I mean, the first one promote 1vs1 fights, the second put forward coordinated groups fights, and the third privilege full team fight. Keep in mind it remains a TO thus team work is the main part of the game and all objective can be done with other approach.

Try it !

Well, scrims are usually 5v5 or 6v6, and the trouble I found with your map, was that the 1st objective is such a large area, and it would be impossible to defend all the workers with just 5 or 6 people. Especially when you don’t know which workers are being killed.

• Your’re totaly right, I’m working on a simplyfied version of the first and second objective in order to make this map fully playable with 5v5 in competitive play.

I made this map for the contest thus it must be playable by a lot of players. I think I’ll released the competitive version after the end of the contest.

Thanks for the feedback.