Stamina

• I feel that stamina is the most limiting factor in the game right now.

I would like to see an increase in the stamina pool, or less stamina usage for certain actions.

Should we remove stamina stun?

Lets hear your ideas.

• I just want an increased stamina pool (which naturally would take longer to completely regenerate as well) + Faster regen while crouching + Recovery parry on successful hits.
    Or something. Not sure yet. Anything that allows for more actions before you’re out of breath.

• I feel it needs to be less quickly depleting in 1vsmany situations.

If it’s too hard to code it so that each “follow up parry” costs 20% less stamina than the previous one, then I’d just like to see a general decrease in stamina cost for parrying (or blocking) an attack.
    Increasing the overal size of the stamina pool sounds like a bad idea to me, the current size corresponds well with the amount of times you can ftp, combo feint etc.

• I think bringing back faster regen while crouching is a good idea. Like you I feel stamina is the biggest limitation right now, expecially as MaA. I hardly use dodge anymore going up against knights in duel because it costs too much stamina.

• Perhaps reduce stamina usage across the board, except for missed swings.

Can you guys think of a reason to keep the stamina stun? I know it’s there to make stamina management more important, but giving your enemies a free hit for successfully defending yourself seems unnecessary. You are already punished by not being able to feint or combo if you run low on stamina.

I think situations where you lose control such as stamina stun are a bad idea.

• Make stun time adjust according to stamina drain on stunning weapon, and make it so that you pretty much need to predict the stun in order to have time to to punish it with any given weapon? Not really on topic, though.

• Someone threw an idea a while back that I think is pretty good; make the staggered enemy able to parry normally but limit his turncap extremely so you could still hit him, but it would require some timing and prediction.

• thats a good idea ^

• @Monsteri:

Someone threw an idea a while back that I think is pretty good; make the staggered enemy able to parry normally but limit his turncap extremely so you could still hit him, but it would require some timing and prediction.

Not a bad idea, anything that increases control and options available.

• Maa outstamming knights needs to stop. pls.

• I think the op is just stealing threads tbh.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/20568-Stamina-and-Health-boost-purchase?p=247265&viewfull=1#post247265
    These plebs don’t have an original idea at all tbh.
    my link is on topic btw all about stamina

• @loin:

I think the op is just stealing threads tbh.
    http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/20568-Stamina-and-Health-boost-purchase?p=247265&viewfull=1#post247265
    These plebs don’t have an original idea at all tbh.
    my link is on topic btw all about stamina

Your idea wasn’t the same thing as is being discussed here.

• lol stamina

prob need less and more stun locks and lockout timers to tighten up the games control. too many abusers out there exploiting the overly liberal stamina pool with odd tricks

so time to gitgud and manage that little yellow bar a wee bit better, its the funnest mini-game inside of a game i’ve ever seen, and no WAY should it be made easier.

so gitgud and dont be in dumb stupid n00b places where you run out of stamina because only dumb n00bs run out of the yella juice

• @H:

lol stamina

prob need less and more stun locks and lockout timers to tighten up the games control. too many abusers out there exploiting the overly liberal stamina pool with odd tricks

so time to gitgud and manage that little yellow bar a wee bit better, its the funnest mini-game inside of a game i’ve ever seen, and no WAY should it be made easier.

so gitgud and dont be in dumb stupid n00b places where you run out of stamina because only dumb n00bs run out of the yella juice

It’s like you have just discovered sarcasm with your recent posts.

• @Monsteri:

Someone threw an idea a while back that I think is pretty good; make the staggered enemy able to parry normally but limit his turncap extremely so you could still hit him, but it would require some timing and prediction.

I like this

• @gndo:

It’s like you have just discovered sarcasm with your recent posts.

im toats cereal

less yella all round

just like to add, i love the feeling of control ripped from my hands (they are really sweaty so its not hard) and also being able to see the end of fights 7 moves before it happens, makes me feel wise and smert

plese dont remove this little ego boost from my daily life. i need it

• @H:

lol stamina

Have you finally collapsed mentally?

• Increasing pool is bad there are enough feints and random ass dr0gs (AKA misses) in the game.

Decreasing the parry drain on the other hand is good. You only lose alot stamina for feinting and missing not for parrying an attack or being defensive.

On the other hand the decrease in parry drain should warant an increase stamina cost of feinting/missing to keep the same amount of average feints. Nah mean.

• Well, if we increased the stamina pool, I’d like to see an increase to stamina usage for missed swings.

I also kinda wish that ftp and cftp used less stamina so that knights especially don’t burn up so much stamina fighting vs MaA.

• agree more stamina or less stamina on certain actions like successful parries. feints and missed attacks should cost more than well executed parries and attacks that force parrying or hit.

I also for the life of me cannot figure out why stun time is based on getting a free hit with one of the slowest weapons that also one hit kill any class in the game. Get stun locked by maul but played almost perfectly until then? oh well you’re dead now. and also, the fast weapons get free hit even if they have ADD and don’t even know you are stunned, can basically stun you, tie their shoes and still get a free hit before you can parry again.