Starting up chiv on my computer

• So i know its not only me, as others have said they have the same problem. I sometimes just dont want to play chivalry cause the loadup time is worst then the 90s playstation loading screens. I gotto wait like 5-10 min to get into a game. Now you can insult my computer all you want but NONE of my other games takes that time. from battlefield, rust, l4d, etc. If there is a way to fix this let me know cause ive done safe mode and 32bit option but still takes forever. it honestly makes me not want to play sometimes. The other thing is Alt-tabbing. EVERYTIME i alt tab the game crashes. this game never had these problems when i first got it.

• What specs does your computer have?

• ill post them when i get back home in a few hours. i am able to run chiv with high settings though if that matters. and i know i have 6 gb of memory.

• Mod

Very slow boot times, I agree.

• Chiv never used to take as long to boot up as it does now, I agree. I know it’s not my PC either…especially since it only started happening once they revamped the loading screens etc. Also, chiv wants to install net framework every time I try to load it up(before the launcher comes up), as if it’s the first time I’ve ever played the game, which also didn’t start until the loading screen patch. Here’s a screen of the framework message I get every time I click the Chiv icon.

Although it’s not a big deal to me, I’m sure like TC, others are annoyed. But I can wait a lousy 2-3 mins for the game to boot up considering I stay on it for hours.

http://imgur.com/g7ntmU8

• Mod

I get the first time install thing as well. Annoying…

• Weird, I don’t get either of them issues. It may be that the first time loading framework message is a steam issue though.

• Yeah the first time setup thing is a steam issue with the installscript.vdf file inside the game folder. Happens to other games too. Editing out the offending sections of the file solves it. Can try deleting it or renaming it too.

• For those with long delays on .net installation, a workaround is to go to:

\Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.1

rename the installscript.vcf to something else then try again

• Thanks for that Monkey. Now it’s a quick flash of: http://imgur.com/dtuFfs3 then it immediately, less than a second later, goes to the launcher. Awesome! :D

• I find the bootup time, post launcher, takes AAAGGESSS way longer than a couple patches ago :/

• @Toll:

I find the bootup time, post launcher, takes AAAGGESSS way longer than a couple patches ago :/

This too, but I can deal :P

• Next patch fixes the long load times into the menu. You can actually skip the starting screens now in beta.

• @Toll:

I find the bootup time, post launcher, takes AAAGGESSS way longer than a couple patches ago :/

I noticed it after the SDK patch, that the same for you? It used to launch so quickly, now it can take literal minutes.