Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Patch 28 (UI Refresh)

• Did you guys happen to swap udkgame ini and udkinput ini?
    I play with a 360 controller and these were the only way for me to increase my controller sensitivity. I’d really appreciate a reply on how to do this now since everything I’ve tried seems to…not work.

• Developer

Minor update on top of this: just updated the launcher again, should fix the launcher hang that sometimes happens after launching the game.

• Developer

@Goregasm:

Did you guys happen to swap udkgame ini and udkinput ini?
    I play with a 360 controller and these were the only way for me to increase my controller sensitivity. I’d really appreciate a reply on how to do this now since everything I’ve tried seems to…not work.

The input stuff that was in UDKGame is now in the new “UDKPlayerInput.ini” (because we often change DefaultGame.ini, which ends up blasting people’s keybinds in UDKGame.ini since it resets that config)

• @Goregasm:

I play with a 360 controller

Well there’s your first problem, this game is meant for KB and Mouse, Controller support was just added to say they have it. you really should be using KB+M.

• i hate the new washed red/blue colors used to display player names in top right , the old colors had more contrast with the environment , now i have to really look in order to see who killed whom and that’s distracting .

• @Cromwell:

i hate the new washed red/blue colors used to display player names in top right , the old colors had more contrast with the environment , now i have to really look in order to see who killed whom and that’s distracting .

I second this

• My performance is dead, making a move is slower than it used to be. Game reacts slower on every mouse click and move. Lot of people are getting 42 FPS instead of 80-90 which they got yesterday. Looks cute, but sucks a cuck.

• Custom maps can be voted on official classic servers… is that a bug?

• I noticed ragdolls that I kill / die are still there in duel mode after kill or killed even my ragdoll setting is at 3. Is this on purpose or…?

• @Wi11:

Okay, first let me say that the new UI and menus look fantastic.

But you seriously broke the optimization of this game somehow. I have a heavily overclocked current gen i7, with an nVidia GTX 780 ti. After the new patch I am getting sub 60 FPS, that is absolutely ridiculous. I turned off all the high details settings, including AA, Dynamic lights, and Decals/Ragdolls, didn’t even make a difference.
    Im not sure what you did but I would greatly appreciate if you fixed it somehow. I know this sounds selfish, but it makes the game really hard for me to enjoy if I spent 900 hours playing normally then all of a sudden I’m forced to play at half the FPS I was playing at before.

I had the same thing on my GTX 770. I fixed it by going into Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config, then opening UDKEngine.ini, ctrl+f to find bSmoothFrameRate and either turning it off or upping the max to 144.

• @PeanutReaper486:

I had the same thing on my GTX 770. I fixed it by going into Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config, then opening UDKEngine.ini, ctrl+f to find bSmoothFrameRate and either turning it off or upping the max to 144.

Already did that, My monitor is 110hz so I set max framerate to 110 like always, and still get terrible FPS. Even when Im just walking around in an empty server at 110 FPS the game still feels really choppy.

• i just got a crash on official server because of the catapult on stoneshill , the cata was invisible, there was an enemy at the cata (he was spamming “help” - i could not see him), when approaching i was entering another dimension :) , the game froze eventually .

• @PeanutReaper486:

^This! This setting is reset after every patch. People who change it frequently forget they changed it at all and have dramatic performance drops.

I wish I wasn’t out of town, I really wanna play some Chivalry. Patch looks great TB.

• @Cromwell:

i just got a crash on official server because of the catapult on stoneshill , the cata was invisible, there was an enemy at the cata (he was spamming “help” - i could not see him), when approaching i was entering another dimension :) , the game froze eventually .

This is known about and nothing to do with the new patch.

• Looks promising, give us a fixing / balance patch now and it’ll be perfect.

• As Mr Flippy said so many forget they modified all kinds of Ini files, after patch they just rebind buttons and then complain.
    Its not TB’s fault if you forget to re-modify your old ini files tbh.

• Nice but I won’t come back until the balance patch. Also I like that we finally have a normal TDM mode

• Hum….
    Is there any way to check the objective’s advancement ingame, now?
    The update looks fine but… I find quite disturbing this could have disappeared and have been approved at the same time.

And… I repeat my former suggestion: would it be possible to add an option so that the vote window would remain on screen after having voted?

• Still can’t get past the splash screen on startup. It sits for a while, then just disappears along with the cmw.exe process.

fresh install, and checked integrity of game cache both do nothing.

• @Vanguard:

Amazing work TB! It looks so much better now that things rescale to my potato resolution =)

Thanks a lot!

The best part is that now the next patch is the balance one right?

For the love of god nooooo. Unless its nerfing the brandistock, don’t even touch “balance”!

BTW hate the new UI. Should be optional imo. Like you can toggle to the old version and the old way things worked…