Bug in Darkforest final objective

• It seems the barricades guarding the royal families, when destroyed, cause extrame lag/stuttering when passing through them.

http://youtu.be/hGBKYIfnFn8

On a sidenote, destroying the barricades with backswings(which most players tend to do) now drains stamina 50% of the time. Pretty sure that’s not supposed to happen either, or else it would be happening constantly.

• I’m not sure if this is related, but since the patch I encountered the following:

On the last stage of dark forest, I broke the door down and had to fight someone inside the room where the royal family is. There was some weird hit detection happening, with swings being stopped by, apparently nothing, and at one point, I even ended up stood on TOP of the guy I was fighting.

I wonder if this was because we were fighting near the door.

• Sometimes I can’t see the baricades at all. I am unable to attack them and trying to go through them will cause stuttering as the server keeps telling me that I didn’t go where I went on my side.

This issue is the opposite of that, for some reason client thinks the barricade is still there and so it assumes you’ll be standing stilly while server keeps telling the client that they actually could go forward and moves them forwards every now and then causing the stuttering. I’ve noticed it only happens immediately after the barricade is destroyed, once the rubble settles it won’t occur any more.

• @gndo:

I’m not sure if this is related, but since the patch I encountered the following:

On the last stage of dark forest, I broke the door down and had to fight someone inside the room where the royal family is. There was some weird hit detection happening, with swings being stopped by, apparently nothing, and at one point, I even ended up stood on TOP of the guy I was fighting.

I wonder if this was because we were fighting near the door.

More than likely, I think there’s some kind of messed up collision volume there, as Torn Banner’s “fix” to prevent archers shooting through the gaps of half-destroyed barricades.

@Martys
    No, that’s something else. It seems whatever invisible wall causes this glitched behavior stays there for the remainder of the match.

• Well, I hope this gets fixed, I posted my above comment on the patch 28 thread, but have had no response from TB so far.

Darkforest was the only TO map without any bugs, trust TB to add one ;)

• Just tested and confirmed. Will look to have it fixed for the next update.

• @Andrew:

Just tested and confirmed. Will look to have it fixed for the next update.

I hope you mean hotfix, don’t want to wait until the balance patch for this to be fixed. Once is enough times to end up standing on someones head when trying to kill them.

• The collision is messed up there. Hittracers will still be blocked by the destroyed palisade, players can glitch through though. You also can’t shoot through the opened palisade anymore. Projectiles will hit an invisible wall there.

• @INerevar:

The collision is messed up there. Hittracers will still be blocked by the destroyed palisade, players can glitch through though. You also can’t shoot through the opened palisade anymore. Projectiles will hit an invisible wall there.

Projectiles being blocked by the invisible wall was the whole idea of this addition, the same invisible wall causing stuttering and draining stamina are bugs that come along with it.

• @Rickvs:

Projectiles being blocked by the invisible wall was the whole idea of this addition, the same invisible wall causing stuttering and draining stamina are bugs that come along with it.

Yes but once the door is down you should be able to shoot through the opening. You can’t anymore.

• @gndo:

I hope you mean hotfix, don’t want to wait until the balance patch for this to be fixed. Once is enough times to end up standing on someones head when trying to kill them.

It will go in with the next update for the GUI, whenever the fps issue is resolved.