No Servers showing up in servers list.

• Is this just because Chivalry has just released so there are no servers available or is there something wrong on my end which doesn’t let me see any multiplayer servers?

• That solution isn’t working for me. I followed the directions (both of them), and I am still unable to see any servers.

• Same for me, this is annoying as hell what a fiasco, need official help here. i am using steam and ingame i try multiplayer i get no server before and after fix :( god dam it.

• What are your computer specs and locations?
    Can you try to restart your computer?

• By location I’m assuming you mean region, so Northeast United States (New Jersey specifically).

As for my computer specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 ~3.3ghz
    Ram: 16 GB
    Video card: Radeon HD 5770
    Edit (again):
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

Edit: I’ll try a restart momentarily, I just try to avoid restarting because it’s a pain getting everything back to how I had it in the first place.

• Config file worked !

• Can you verify the presence of a MasterServer2.vdf file in your Steam\config folder.
    Also, can you post its contents here.

• It’s there and this is what’s in it:

"MasterServers"
    {
    	"hl1"
    	{
    		"0"
    		{
    			"addr"		"208.64.200.117:27011"
    		}
    		"1"
    		{
    			"addr"		"69.28.158.131:27011"
    		}
    		"2"
    		{
    			"addr"		"208.64.200.118:27011"
    		}
    		"3"
    		{
    			"addr"		"68.177.101.62:27012"
    		}
    		"4"
    		{
    			"addr"		"69.28.158.131:27012"
    		}
    		"5"
    		{
    			"addr"		"68.177.101.62:27013"
    		}
    	}
    	"hl2"
    	{
    	}
    	"rdkf"
    	{
    		"0"
    		{
    			"addr"		"69.28.158.131:27014"
    		}
    	}
    	"gms"
    	{
    	}
    }

• I have already tried downloading the config, and it hast helped. You figure when you buy a multiplayer game from steam, THERE WOULD BE A FUNCTIONAL MULTIPLAYER. And yes there is a masterserver 2 file.

I bought the full version, so it’s not that beta crap, and I am sorry If i am Sounding impolite, but really guys, I pay 25 dollars for a game and I really want to play it online, because it looks amazing. i don’t want to have to tell everyone that It was a waste of fucking money because no one on their site will even help people GET THE GAME WORKING.

Very, very unimpressed right now.

• Is there a port that needs forwarding, maybe? I’ll turn off AVG and see if that’s the issue, as well.

Edit:

TURN OFF/TEMPORARILY DISABLE YOUR FIREWALLS.

So, I turned off AVG’s Firewall and poof, all the servers show up instantaneously. Annoying but it’s good to know that it was that stupid thing not working properly.

• Thank you, we’ll add that to the suggestions on the post.

• just an fyi, i had to to manually delete the rule for udk.exe (or whatever the game runs under) from my firewall and then when it popped up again to ask me i allowed it. The first time it put that exe in my firewall exception today list it was pointing to some other file in some other location. feel free to hire me :D

I tried the steam beta opt in first and that didnt work, the above fix worked right away for me. Well i also verified the game cache again too.

• In your steam library select Chivalry:
    -> Right click
    -> Properties
    -> Local files
    -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache

It said it was missing one file and restored it. Took me less than a minute to fix the issue…

• Hello,

I’m from France, I have a brand new computer with high performances and Oh, what a surprise !

I encounter the same problem… I paid this game 23€ for being able to play the training mode or on maps with bots…fantastic ! I’m not crying about the amount of money I paid to get this game, because without this problem, it could be a a good deal, unfortunately it’s not !

No, there’s only one thing I’m wondering about… what about an update or a patch ?? You know that loads of people encounter this problem, why not trying to solve it by official ways ? You know it since october 16th, so please begin to think about it… I’ve been patient since the date I bought it, hoping for something, but still no real solutions.

And yes, I tried the several fixes. This kind of magical things, unfortunately, doesn’t work for me…

I’m not irritated, just in hope for something, I would be grateful if I could play it =/

• @ZombieBeast:

Hello,

I’m from France, I have a brand new computer with high performances and Oh, what a surprise !

I encounter the same problem… I paid this game 23€ for being able to play the training mode or on maps with bots…fantastic ! I’m not crying about the amount of money I paid to get this game, because without this problem, it could be a a good deal, unfortunately it’s not !

No, there’s only one thing I’m wondering about… what about an update or a patch ?? You know that loads of people encounter this problem, why not trying to solve it by official ways ? You know it since october 16th, so please begin to think about it… I’ve been patient since the date I bought it, hoping for something, but still no real solutions.

And yes, I tried the several fixes. This kind of magical things, unfortunately, doesn’t work for me…

I’m not irritated, just in hope for something, I would be grateful if I could play it =/

This is an old post. But a new patch is coming out today. So rejoice!

• @ChuckingIt:

This is an old post. But a new patch is coming out today. So rejoice!

Oh really ? Sorry, I didn’t know about it and yet, I often check Chivalry news, I probably didn’t see that. I hope I won’t encounter more problems or I’ll begin to suspect my computer this time…lol

That’s perfect, so you can forget about my post and thank you for your answer ;)

• I have the same problem. At the beginning when I bought the game servers sometimes disappear and usually only enough to restart the game or Steam, but now for almost three weeks the server list is constantly empty. I have tried all given solutions (MasterServer change, change to beta Steam, restart Steam, game restart, computer restart). All solutions FAIL. I STILL CANT PLAY THE GAME :x . I wonder if someone from the studio is interested in solving the problem at all. Looking at the posts posted on the forum, and studio reaction ( or no reaction), unfortunately I have a feeling that they don’t :? .
    Someone could at least write do they work on it.

• @Jaho:

I have the same problem. At the beginning when I bought the game servers sometimes disappear and usually only enough to restart the game or Steam, but now for almost three weeks the server list is constantly empty. I have tried all given solutions (MasterServer change, change to beta Steam, restart Steam, game restart, computer restart). All solutions FAIL. I STILL CANT PLAY THE GAME :x . I wonder if someone from the studio is interested in solving the problem at all. Looking at the posts posted on the forum, and studio reaction ( or no reaction), unfortunately I have a feeling that they don’t :? .
    Someone could at least write do they work on it.

Have you tried manually connecting to servers such as clicking the links to automatically connect to the Official Servers in this post? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7082

Yes the devs are aware of the server browser issue that affects a small population of players. It’s hard to debug because it’s not something that they can reproduce on their own computers and everyone’s computer has a different mix of software on it that could be causing the problems. For example, we had one guy who had to call his university up to disable the firewall on his dorm connection. Another guy had McAfee Antivirus randomly decide to block Chivalry from all internet connections. Most likely, the issue is something that isn’t even Chivalry’s fault which means the devs can’t do anything.

The best thing that you can do if you want results is to make a new post here in the Support Forum detailing your issue and what you’ve tried already and work with the volunteer support team to try and diagnose your specific issue.

• I have the same problem for almost two days now. I’ve tried all the “fixes”, but they are not working. Right now I’m trying to reinstall the game. If it will not help, I will not know what to do. My friend had the same problem yesterday, but he tried the fix and it helped him. For me it’s no luck :(