Change landscape collision?

• As simple as the title. There’s a huge landscape in my map slightly below the player’s floor.

If the player falls off, he should die.
    I’ve tried setting it up with Kismet, that if an actor touches the landscape he dies, but it doesn’t work.
    I’ve also tried placing a kill volume below the landscape and then setting the landscape to “NoCollision”, but players are still able to step on it!

Does UDK not support collision removal for landscape or something? Whatever I try, whatever I set it to, the landscape seems to keep it’s default collision.

• Landscape Collision is handled by the engine, there is a way to disable it but this can cause weird issues. If you want to prevent players from reaching it/entering the area, you can use a Physics Volume. In the properties you just need to set damage to 1,000, Damage Type to Killz, and check the box that is next to “entry pain” and “Physics On Touch”. And you want to place this above the terrain where the players will actually touch it, not below where landscape collision blocks player touch.

• @Nexussfire:

Landscape Collision is handled by the engine, there is a way to disable it but this can cause weird issues. If you want to prevent players from reaching it/entering the area, you can use a Physics Volume. In the properties you just need to set damage to 1,000, Damage Type to Killz, and check the box that is next to “entry pain” and “Physics On Touch”. And you want to place this above the terrain where the players will actually touch it, not below where landscape collision blocks player touch.

I’ll have to settle for this then.

The problem with the landscape is that it has both a deep vale and a high mountain range. I don’t want to place one square-ish kill volume down, because I want the player to reach heights just above the ground.

• Well there is a round brush too, incase you need a tighter fit, amongst the square. You could also just try painting out the sections of landscape you don’t want the players to survive, and fill the gap with some appropriate models, rocks or walls of some type.