I am a jerk

• I was an ignorant jerk. I got very defensive when I was told that my brand new PC was lagging. I ignored the claims and scoffed at them. I am not only sorry about the defensive language, but for just being a terrible person in general.

I enjoy this game a lot and unfortunately I have done nothing but show the opposite of that to the community. As of last night, I started trying to fix my frame rate issues and my behavior in chat. But I am worried that it is far too little too late. I have been like this since I bought the game in November 2012. But as I told many others yesterday. Tell me what to do and I will try to do it. I am beyond sorry.

Thank you for reading this.

• Many people get defensive when they get told their computer isn’t good enough. Mainly because people say something along the lines of “ur PC is shit mate” which is understandable.

• What PC stats do you have? I’m not going to follow up with “lol good luck”, but rather so we know what we’re working with. Even if your PC isn’t very graphically capable there is still tweaks that can be made to improve performance. Those same tweaks shouldn’t be needed for a better PC though.

• @AmishInsurgent:

What PC stats do you have? I’m not going to follow up with “lol good luck”, but rather so we know what we’re working with. Even if your PC isn’t very graphically capable there is still tweaks that can be made to improve performance. Those same tweaks shouldn’t be needed for a better PC though.

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    -Intel I7-4770k 3.5 ghz
    -Gigabyte 797X 1 gaming motherboard
    -EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black Edition 6GB x 1
    -Corsair 8 GB 2133 mhz x 4
    -Samsung 2TB SATA III and a data drive

I have not had a problem that I can detect since the system restart. However I was not online and in TO at the time.

• @Constant:

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    -Intel I7-4770k 3.5 ghz
    -Gigabyte 797X 1 gaming motherboard
    -EVGA Nvidia GTX Titan Black Edition 6GB x 1
    -Corsair 8 GB 2133 mhz x 4
    -Samsung 2TB SATA III and a data drive

I have not had a problem that I can detect since the system restart. However I was not online and in TO at the time.

So, what is this thread? Because it just sounds like you wanted to brag about your top end PC right now.

• @gndo:

So, what is this thread? Because it just sounds like you wanted to brag about your top end PC right now.

I was having a frame-rate issue dropping as low as 20 frames for very short periods. Also folks had issues seeing my swings until recently. I am just explaining that I fucked up in the most public way I have available. I am sorry if this appeared as bragging.

• It sounds like you’ve tried many things already. Any difference in performance between 32 and 64 bit?
    Did you build this PC yourself or is it purchased? What are your CPU temperatures?

• @dudeface:

It sounds like you’ve tried many things already. Any difference in performance between 32 and 64 bit?
    Did you build this PC yourself or is it purchased? What are your CPU temperatures?

The PC was purchased. With chivalry running with 24 bots on TO coldfront cores one and two are 58c and 61c respectively. I noticed a few drops occuring while I was running the test to get the temperatures Going to mess with the nvidia profile and than the ini to try and solve the issue.

• Odd. Frame rate has to be computer related while people seeing your swings wrong should be packet related. I can’t think of any issues that would combine the two, unless your card is underclocking heavily, which from what I’ve read there’s been issues of software overclocks affecting animation timing?

And as Dudeface said,

32 or 64 bit chivalry?
    Driver version?
    speedtest.net result?
    overlocked cpu/gpu?
    average ingame ping? (any spiking?)

• Scanned for malware? Run Malwarebytes if not.

• -Same drops in 32 maybe more severe
    -do you want the dx diag?
    -http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3644379458
    -cpu is overclocked
    -20-50 ms with no spiking that I am aware of

• @dudeface:

Scanned for malware? Run Malwarebytes if not.

Other virus software detected nothing. Malwarebytes found a ransomware file.

• Well I tried to get help. I still have no fucking clue what I did. I just know I never installed anything intentionally. The help was nice removed a lot of adware and one malware. So thanks for that.

• Well I doubt it solves the FPS issue, but it’s always good to get rid of that stuff anyway.

• Fps issue is gone. I was treated like I was doing something wrong earlier today and got team killed over and over again. No explanation just one minute we like you and after 2 matches We team kill you. Is this trolling, server support, or just bullying?

After some googlling I found multiple users who overclock mentioning the same issue? Why not just ask me to stop overclocking? Is that what yall want? I don’t play any competitive games so none of this makes any sense to me.

I am also going to mention I have received no official notifications from any moderators about something wrong with my client.

• Strange. You are the third person I’ve seen posting about shitty FPS with an i7 4770k. That CPU simply isn’t good enough for this game while its not overclocked mainly because like many PC games they utilise the CPU poorly. But there’s no change when its overclocked to 3.5Ghz which should have a large difference.

• @Constant:

Fps issue is gone. I was treated like I was doing something wrong earlier today and got team killed over and over again. No explanation just one minute we like you and after 2 matches We team kill you. Is this trolling, server support, or just bullying?

After some googlling I found multiple users who overclock mentioning the same issue? Why not just ask me to stop overclocking? Is that what yall want? I don’t play any competitive games so none of this makes any sense to me.

I am also going to mention I have received no official notifications from any moderators about something wrong with my client.

I’m really not following what is going on here…

• @lemonater47:

Strange. You are the third person I’ve seen posting about shitty FPS with an i7 4770k. That CPU simply isn’t good enough for this game while its not overclocked mainly because like many PC games they utilise the CPU poorly. But there’s no change when its overclocked to 3.5Ghz which should have a large difference.

I think this is whats occurring he and his clan join official servers. Harass anyone they dislike and claim its because of frame/desync issues. I cant fathom why I felt bad now. Also its default clock rate is 3.5……

• If you’re having problems on an official server, join the chat room here and see if a moderator is online:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chivserveradmin

• @lemonater47:

Strange. You are the third person I’ve seen posting about shitty FPS with an i7 4770k. That CPU simply isn’t good enough for this game while its not overclocked mainly because like many PC games they utilise the CPU poorly. But there’s no change when its overclocked to 3.5Ghz which should have a large difference.

Lemon, the i7 4770k is one of if not the best CPU you can possibly get on the market right now for PC’s. The default clock-rate is 3.5GHz. I own an i7 4770k and I don’t over-clock it. I always get a solid 120 fps at high graphics with SweetFX at 1080p. I highly doubt it’s his CPU causing the problem.