Do you use 1st or 3rd person?

• Thought I’d make a poll to see what mode people use most of the time.

I personally use 3rd. I don’t think it’s OP though- you do gain more visibility but you can’t see in front of you or judge distances in front of you well. I just can’t deal with face-huggers in any other way than 3rd person.

Plus it has the disadvantage that the target is never correct. I’m not sure that’s intentional though, I saw someone made a mod awhile back to fix it but it’s no longer working.

I did play recently on a 1st person only server and I found it was a lot easier. There was far less backward-leaning reverse overhead spinning levitating etc. stuff going on. There was no archers allowed either. Interestingly enough even though I found it easier to play it was more boring.

So… anyway, which do you use and do you think one or the other is OP? If anything with the imprecise targeting reticule, I think 1st is OP if you get used to it, which I can’t seem to, cause of those bastard facehuggers.

• You should probably leave before the forums crucify you.

• I see you registered Jul 2014, that couldnt be an alt account could it

• Neither are OP. One gives benefits over the other in specific areas, it’s down to the players preference. Third needs less mouse movement for looking down, as well as giving more vision around the player. First allows your stabs to be more accurate and easier to parry face hug stabs/overheads

That being said, (I feel) first person is still better because you should already know what’s going on around you so the extra vision is unneeded and it’s more important to be able to read someone’s drag when you’re up close.

Now brace yourself for incoming FoV shit debate.

• @DokB:

That being said, (I feel) first person is still better because you should already know what’s going on around you

I agree with this, learning to know exactly where the enemies are around you in 1p is a skill in itself, and satisfying when you come through a 3vs1 alive.

Anyways, always been a 1p player, tried 3p for about an hour or two once and didn’t like it.

• Mod

I can do some crazy shit in third person, but I just don’t enjoy it as much, to me it almost feels cheap so I don’t use it. I can almost immediately tell when I’m fighting against someone in third person because they’re either looking towards the ground a lot or constantly twirling like a ballerina. I like the 1st person only servers because a lot of that stuff stops, but it is fun every now and again to go full helicopter and soar for the heavens.

• Third person is for poor players. IMHO.

• @dudeface:

Third person is for poor players. IMHO.

nope.rar

3rd is for 1337 master race and dont u forget it!

• @TheFunnySide:

I see you registered Jul 2014, that couldnt be an alt account could it

Could be someone who wants to post on the forums, and didn’t have an account.

• I don’t care what people use. I do hate when I do a sneaky ninja drop from a ledge get close to my unsuspecting target and see them suddenly react to my presence, damned 3rd person!!!

• So you gonna make the poll or what?

• @Flippy:

So you gonna make the poll or what?

Yeah, it had to get approved before I could make it though I guess because this is a new account.

To everyone else: I am fairly new to the game- I’ve been playing for a few weeks only but I do have over 100 hours.

I just don’t know how people deal with face-huggers in 1st person. They get to your side and even behind you and you can’t tell if they’re going to attack, let alone parry it.

And yeah you can do crazier stuff with 3rd person but overall everything is less accurate, both because you can’t see directly in front of yourself and the targeting reticule is off.

I still think that overall 1st person has the biggest advantage if you’re an expert and can deal with face-huggers and can still probably do most of the crazy stuff just because your sense of where everything is so honed.

I’d like to practice with 1st more but every time I try I get face-hugged and spammed and I’m just like F this!

• @Hamletswords:

Yeah, it had to get approved before I could make it though I guess because this is a new account.

To everyone else: I am fairly new to the game- I’ve been playing for a few weeks only but I do have over 100 hours.

I just don’t know how people deal with face-huggers in 1st person. They get to your side and even behind you and you can’t tell if they’re going to attack, let alone parry it.

And yeah you can do crazier stuff with 3rd person but overall everything is less accurate, both because you can’t see directly in front of yourself and the targeting reticule is off.

I still think that overall 1st person has the biggest advantage if you’re an expert and can deal with face-huggers and can still probably do most of the crazy stuff just because your sense of where everything is so honed.

I’d like to practice with 1st more but every time I try I get face-hugged and spammed and I’m just like F this!

Go to Tactics and Tutorials and look at the Protips for Everyboy thread. People have posted many solutions to dealing with face-hugging. It’s incredibly easy to deal with.

• I use 1st person because;

• I find it more fun.
    • I am not Skyfall.
    • First person deathcam was cool.
    • I am more used to it.
    • 3rd person scrubs can’t parry my stab drags.
    • Ground does not smell nice.
    • I used to merc and 3rd person is locked in scrims.
    • I am fabulous.

• Mod

Am I seriously the only one who sometimes swaps to third to do dance moves and make sure I’m making my characters model is positioned right when I laugh over the dead corpse of a rat bag archer?

• @Flippy:

Go to Tactics and Tutorials and look at the Protips for Everyboy thread. People have posted many solutions to dealing with face-hugging. It’s incredibly easy to deal with.

That thread is nice and all although it’s mostly a crossbow debate lol…

I can’t find a single thing in it to help with face-hugging. The only thing that helps me see someone that gets to my side or behind me is 3rd person.

I can react to things but I have to be able to see them.

And I disagree that it’s incredibly easy to deal with or there wouldn’t be face-hugging MAAs terrorizing every duel server I join.

• lol just play what you want guy. the people who really harp on 3rd person are probably the same people who crank their fov up to 120 in first person, which still looks ridiculous.

3rd person just takes those 120 crankers fov advantage and goes pro with it, which grrrrrrr makes them mad!

3rd person 5760X1080 master race all the way. toats shits on 1st person because 3rd person is legend

***also something neat: if you play at the above reso ^^^ and are at 120 fov in first person, your character, most noticeably vanguards, look like they’re riding bicycles when they run :D

• @Kreittis:

• I am not Skyfall.

Is he also known as venus project? Just met a rank 58 floor sniffer, he wrecks newbs in crowds, but I smashed him when it was 1v1 situation.

• @gndo:

Is he also known as venus project? Just met a rank 58 floor sniffer, he wrecks newbs in crowds, but I smashed him when it was 1v1 situation.

His current name is The Venus Project, yes. He changes his name constantly because almost nobody likes him and lots of people votekick him on sight. Relevant video.

• @Kreittis:

His current name is The Venus Project, yes. He changes his name constantly because almost nobody likes him and lots of people votekick him on sight. Relevant video.

That video is funny but with FOV set that high you’re practically playing in 3rd person. Your torso is really in the middle of the screen it’s just invisible.

I probably wouldn’t have problems with face-huggers with fov at that setting (what is that like 140 or 160?), but it looks really bad.

Side question: since you can set fov over the limit, can you set it under? I’d be interested in setting it to like 40 for archery if it was possible.