How to make flails viable and more fun to use

• oh you are right :D

• Spiked gauntlet, obv, so you can deal sweet pierce damage to a vanguard’s face.

• oh god how statisfying it would be to explode maas head with that punch

• @CRUSHED:

1. Buff Length / Damage a bit

2. Keep the shields as block option

3. Add a new option for blocking instead of shields: Gauntlets

Gauntlets: Works like a normal parry. Huge, scary looking steel glove on your left arm

4. Replace Flail Stab with Gauntlet Left Hook

5. Replace current LMB with new attack

New LMB: You can hold LMB and he will keep flailing the flail around until you release LMB

These are all desirable changes but I sadly doubt that TBS will do any of them and the flail will remain as a joke weapon. :(

@dudeface:

Spiked gauntlet, obv, so you can deal sweet pierce damage to a vanguard’s face.

I’d rather have lantern shield.

• @CRUSHED:

oh god how statisfying it would be to explode maas head with that punch

It’s already pretty satisfying knocking their heads off with a shield. This might be ecstasy.

• @dudeface:

It’s already pretty satisfying knocking their heads off with a shield. This might be ecstasy.

i updated the thread title since i think its a serious suggestion, plz update

• flails are already very fun to use

but I do like the punching left hook though. good idea. i would fucking love to feint my flail strike just so I can jab them in the chin

“you see this, but you dont see this! HA!”

• Screw the flail, I want 2 of those gauntlets

• @Jonystrom:

Screw the flail, I want 2 of those gauntlets

^^^^^

Yes!

A Fist Only primary weapon would be absolutely tits.

• Honestly sounds very gimmicky to me.

• Same, although I would like to see that windup LMB.

• @lemonater47:

Honestly sounds very gimmicky to me.

Flails are already gimmicky, they have slow windup but good combo speed. But as we all know, windup matters the most so flails are kinda terrible.

If they had any kind of riposte, I bet they would actually be used.

• It’s fun to use but high knockback makes them hard to use against Vans. Being really short and slow, as well as the knight’s speed and flinch in release makes them pretty bad against a man at arms. Too slow and short to deal with groups…

I like the gauntlet idea. I think a polearm flail hybrid could be fun. I often wonder what it would be like to be a man at arms with a flail… probably chaos would ensue.

• This idea is pure gold, would be awesome to have such flail!

• Double gauntlets please.

• The HOLD LMB for continual windup and release to fire it off has been put forward a number of times by a range of people, we want this for the flail TB, please do it.

The gauntlet would be awesome.

• Mod

@Kreittis:

Flails are already gimmicky, they have slow windup but good combo speed. But as we all know, windup matters the most so flails are kinda terrible.

If they had any kind of riposte, I bet they would actually be used.

You’d be surprised how many people are randomly using the whip in Australia now :P

• @Tyoson:

You’d be surprised how many people are randomly using the whip in Australia now :P

They are rarely seen here in europe, and if they are used it’s propably some lowranker

• @Jonystrom:

They are rarely seen here in europe, and if they are used it’s propably some lowranker

I have been using heavy flail + tower shield since the UI patch. Viable weapons are boring.

• @Kreittis:

I have been using heavy flail + tower shield since the UI patch. Viable weapons are boring.

^^^^^^^

this man knows whats up

i’ll take my saber buck over any other shitty “viable” setup.

6HTK on knight is elite