Lock with padlocks upset the order

• I wish to bring your attention to the recent flurry of locked posts by soppy and some others.
    They disrupt the posts and order by necromancing posts, with making posts that are designed
    to cause trouble and get locked. My Idea is why even after being banned do they return to
    repeat this troll behaviour again?. Secondly Why should the damage they have done to the
    post order and red padlocks they earned be left in place as it was intended to ruin the order
    of posts and by leaving them in place they actually achieve what they were intended for?

I wish to suggest If proven these red padlock posts should be removed and put back
    in some archive. Basically these were done by board terrorists and the reward they get
    is knowing its left on display for days and weeks, Let our mods have a meeting and
    consider denying these trolls the rewards they seek and take away the left in place
    policy of there damage to this site and its threads etc.

• I wish that mods would just stop randomly locking threads. At least give a reason why you did so.

For example, why was this locked: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/20980-Lions-vs-KT-match-EU-VS-NA? I don’t see any explanation there, just randomly locked thread.

• Well I don’t know about those things Mr Kreittis tbh. All I see is a few regular trouble makers coming here constantly after
    bans to just repeat troubles and get red padlocks left in threads to upset posts. I simply don’t believe they should have
    the prove of their handywork left in place to show to there comrades at other sites and chatrooms , were they plan
    these coordinated troll attacks and seek notoriety amongst themselves.

• loin good sir, aren’t you indeed lending credence to these rapscallions and devious ways? i fear you are being sucked into the deep too far rabbit hole and you will lose everything you ever loved. please loin be careful.

this thread could be part of grand design you dont know so please hold your tongue inside cheek so as not to disturb slumbering giants of necromancers and wild bridge gods

mods please dont ban loin. he knows not what he asks

• It’s the wild bridge gods that always get you in the end.

• indeed mr jury cat, indeed

sage words by far the sagey-est

• I’ve discovered that recently Hexen always says the exact opposite of what he means, so bare this in mind when you read his posts

• To be fair, the threads that end up being locked are usually ones where several parties have started trolling or descended into insults and name calling. The threads that are wholly inappropriate are just removed and you don’t see traces of them (although I can see what threads the other mods have removed, like the delightful gangrene thread).

All in all, there’s a few threads that get locked and many that are removed completely. If a troll posts something inappropriate we try to remove that post (and any direct replies for the sake of thread continuity) however if the threads are getting out of hand they’ll tend to be locked.

• @H:

loin good sir, aren’t you indeed lending credence to these rapscallions and devious ways? i fear you are being sucked into the deep too far rabbit hole and you will lose everything you ever loved. please loin be careful.

this thread could be part of grand design you dont know so please hold your tongue inside cheek so as not to disturb slumbering giants of necromancers and wild bridge gods

mods please dont ban loin. he knows not what he asks

Yes your quite right I must not disturb the moles and diggers but they do spoil the lawn sometimes.
    this was not a critic of the moderators or the hard 8 calls. Not sure what this gangrene was
    As I was wathing the Arrow boxset ( still am ).

• @MonkeyFiend:

To be fair, the threads that end up being locked are usually ones where several parties have started trolling or descended into insults and name calling. The threads that are wholly inappropriate are just removed and you don’t see traces of them (although I can see what threads the other mods have removed, like the delightful gangrene thread).

All in all, there’s a few threads that get locked and many that are removed completely. If a troll posts something inappropriate we try to remove that post (and any direct replies for the sake of thread continuity) however if the threads are getting out of hand they’ll tend to be locked.

That’s all cool n’ shit yo but can I ask you something?

Whenever one of you modtypes lock a thread, please, PLEASE leave a reason as a last post. Seeing threads locked that had zero warnings or no clear reason is irritating.

• How about out of the box idea such as another tree called Locked posts. Were as posts to be locked and locked are moved
    into that. Similar to my idea for patch feedback to be left on its own thread rather then a patch notes thread being
    plagued by posts after.

• @Kreittis:

That’s all cool n’ shit yo but can I ask you something?

Whenever one of you modtypes lock a thread, please, PLEASE leave a reason as a last post. Seeing threads locked that had zero warnings or no clear reason is irritating.

I think I generally do this, but for clarity I’ll make sure that any threads I lock include a reason as the final post, even when I remove certain posts before closing it.

• @gndo:

I’ve discovered that recently Hexen always says the exact opposite of what he means, so bare this in mind when you read his posts

this sounds patently wrong tbpc

toats doesn’t sound like something i would do

@loin:

How about out of the box idea such as another tree called Locked posts. Were as posts to be locked and locked are moved
    into that. Similar to my idea for patch feedback to be left on its own thread rather then a patch notes thread being
    plagued by posts after.

YES! locked threads should just get sent to “Locked” section of the forum, where they can be further discussed under intense lock scrutiny

• Well… they can’t be discussed as they are locked but they can be looked at. Like the skeleton in the cage in
    the town square on the way to the tavern.

• i like skeletons

but locked threads have more to offer. by discussing them in super lock sub-section, we can all be winners!

• As mentioned if a thread is getting out of hand with several people flaming etc., it’ll be locked.
    If it’s just one troll posting, we can deal with that and continue thread as usual.
    Moral of story: don’t feed the trolls :)

• @MonkeyFiend:

As mentioned if a thread is getting out of hand with several people flaming etc., it’ll be locked.
    If it’s just one troll posting, we can deal with that and continue thread as usual.
    Moral of story: don’t feed the trolls :)

Yes Mr Hexen don’t feed the trolls

;p

• thats really just an awesome picture tbh

i like the garden hose part