Why has TDM been changed?

• Hey, the new UI patch has been great however one problem with it is the new TDM. I don’t understand why they changed it, the ticket system before was fine and now at the end you can’t have any last stand scenarios which were really fun. In my opinion TB has ruined TDM.

• Yeah. I don’t like this change either. The possibility to have clutch plays at the end of the game is gone, and I don’t understand why. In addition the default number of 60 kills seems to be low. TDM games already moved pretty quickly.

• Trying to find that last hiding archer never was any fun. Ticket system had to go.

• Your team would invariably rat you out if you were intentionally dragging out the round. The endgame manhunt was part of the charm of TDM. Now instead of that, the game just suddenly ends. It’s boring.

• I preferred the ticket system, but this isn’t so terrible.
    I wish you could change the limit though.

• This system is way better because you don’t have to worry about it glitching out any more. You can always LTS for the last man standing scenarios.

• @dudeface:

I preferred the ticket system, but this isn’t so terrible.
    I wish you could change the limit though.

You probably still can by changing the values under [AOC.AOCTDM] on your server’s PCServer-UDKGame.ini

But yes, 60/60 is bad.

• @SOC:

This system is way better because you don’t have to worry about it glitching out any more. You can always LTS for the last man standing scenarios.

Good luck trying that out in most servers. Spot on by Bobjoe, the clutch gameplay made TDM especially when both teams ran out of tickets, it created some amazing scenarios. Now we just have a boring, plain TDM instead.

• I don’t like the new TDM either.

• Anyway to edit in a poll?

• @PandaChef:

Anyway to edit in a poll?

It’s under thread tools, at the top.

• Poll added thanks to Gndo for the help.

• Chivalry TDM used to be awesome and unique. Now it’s just like every other game. Just so you know, TB, uniqueness is almost the only thing going for Chivalry.

• The old TDM system sucked, I’m glad it’s gone

• The old TDM wasn’t actually TDM. Now it is.

• @lemonater47:

The old TDM wasn’t actually TDM. Now it is.

I would consider the old version a variation of TDM. LTSDM.
    It was genuinely a good system. I don’t mind the new TDM but it’s just a bit… vanilla.

• Whether u like the ticket system or not, in the new TDM they also shrunk the number of kills needed to win, from 80 to 60 kills.
    This is the biggest frustration I have with the new style TDM. It’s simply too short. Before one gets the feeling of being in a battle, the battle is over. Old or new style TDM, this is a waste nonetheless, and should be corrected if u ask me.

TB will probably not revert to the ticket system, but can we please please get the 80 kills-to-win limit back?

• People actually play TDM? It is so boring, no objectives and no incentive to conserve resources.

• When our team won, I was the best in our team with only 10 kills. With this new format, you usually end up with around 10 to 15 kills (unless there are other good players in your team, in which case most of you will end up with 5 to 10 kills) and then it’s already over. Either increase the amount of kills needed to win, or bring back the old TDM.

• Vote is pretty overwhelming at the moment in favour of reverting.