Change Weapons Node and Touch Trigger - will it blend?

• I’m trying to change player’s weapon in certain weapon slot when he touches a trigger with Change Player Weapons node. The problem is this node doesn’t seem to be doing anything. Here’s kismet setup:

As seen in the picture it activates alright. No weapon was changed however. I’ve tried to use Change Pawn Loadout node, though to my understanding it will change whole loadout, not just single slot. This node seems to be just killing the player. Not the best way to smoothly change weapons :|.

Lastly, since it’s not worth creating separate thread for this, how does the Change Ground Speed of AOCPawn node work? I can’t get it to work also.

Any help much appreciated.

• I’ve had the same issue.

The problem is that the “Change Player Weapons” action only works in the TO2 gamemode(like Horde).

If you’re using TO atm, you should be able to change the gamemode to TO2 in World Info without issues.

My own map was in FFA but was still sort of a “last man standing”, so I set it to TO2 and changed everyone’s class to their FFA version when the map “started”.

So in short, the action you’re trying to use only works if you set the gamemode to TO2.
    Under “Pawn”, there’s also the “Give Inventory” action that gives 1 weapon, but disables all the other slots.
    There’s also no way outside of TO2 to change a player’s entire inventory without killing him first, I think. (that’s the action that also changes their Family Info).

The “Give Inventory” works fine in every gamemode, but can only replace the player’s setup with 1 weapon. Make sure to check both checkboxes about replacing, can’t remember their exact names.

Same for the Change Ground Speed action. Only works in TO2.

• Thanks for the help, Rickvs!
    Well, that kinda sucks if it’s TO2 only. My map was supposed to be CTF/DM/LTS with weapon pick-ups like in Quake or UT. Is it possible to make TO2 run like CTF or LTS?

• I’ve been trying to make the most out of it in some sort of FFA map with obtainable weapons.

Truth is, you’re either going to waste a lot of time with Kismet making a complicated work-around in which players spawn with the team-selection screen but are then set to fists-only and possibly even forced to change class if it matters, or keep your Kismet simple but rely on the players you play with to follow your custom rules.

It’s near-impossible to get a working system for pubs in which players are properly “prepared” by changing them to fists. They will always try to work around it by changing class again and pressing f10, and where will they spawn when they do? It’s quite a lot to keep in mind.
    Your map will have to be either set to TO2 or CTF for example. The “Change Player Weapons”-action will simply not work when you open AOCCTF-YourMap_p.

• In my map. I use for the “Sir Podex” player “give inventory” for 3 weapons and the pressed key event to switch the weapons. Furthermore i disable f10, switchteam, switch weapon buttons etc. for this player. Not the best solution, but it works.^^

• @KingJoff:

In my map. I use for the “Sir Podex” player “give inventory” for 3 weapons and the pressed key event to switch the weapons. Furthermore i disable f10, switchteam, switch weapon buttons etc. for this player. Not the best solution, but it works.^^

How does that work?

I’m assuming as Key Input you use something like “GBA_switch1” (I don’t know the exact code)? I’ve tried the same, seems to wield different results when played in multiplayer.
    If you don’t do that, people who rebound their suicide, switchteam or switchweapon keys will obviously be a problem.

“Trap Input” is checked? To ‘replace’ the old f10 purpose? Doesn’t that mean that, if Trap Input is checked, it replaces F10 for every player?
    Sorry for the confusion. I’m just really curious as to how you got that to work.

• Use AOCActions “toggle inputs”. You can select all “functions” which should be disabled like Switch Team etc.

My keyinput is just “E”, trap input is checked. Then i use a compare objects node (Instigator=SP) so only the one SP Player can switch weapons (give weapon).
    But i have not tested online what will happen if 32 players spam “E” and i have some issues with enabling the functions again after SPs death. My current maybe solution is that i enable for every spawning player hopefully i will catch also the previous SP player.^^