Buff Chase Mechanic Plz in next Patch

• make it kick in faster and harder… or bring back the front chase.

Knights like me are getting the run-around… if you know what i mean.

cannot catch vanguards when they’re swinging long swords aroudn and running in circles and figure 8’s easily. Even if you wait till they come to you they can still out run pretty much anything but a longsword.

can’t hit man at arms at all, they can literally just run circles around you with ease… or of course dodge too.

TLDR: need to buff chase mech… at least for knights… make it knight special (front chase)

• In my radical opinion, the chase mechanic should not be activated by running after someone for a set amount of time, but should be activated manually by the player. Since behind-only chase hasn’t worked out too well, I’d say you should be able to activate it from any direction to make it consistent.

The chase-phase is activated by letting out a battlecry. During this cry, you will get the speed boost while you have an enemy in sight. (While your crosshair is red, which makes you unable to speed boost by looking at distant enemies) The speed boost will last while the crosshair is red +0.5 seconds or so after it turns back to white to make sure that you can always adjust your sight to maintain the speed boost without accelerating and decelerating movement too frequently. Once the battlecry is over, the chase-phase is over, and you can no longer activate the speed boost until you battlecry again. (Which won’t happen until after a cooldown period)

Ofc, this wouldn’t have to be bound to the battlecry, but it makes sense to me. Someone else has suggested this before, afaic.

Or I dunno, would probably turn out a bit too retarded for my taste. Still like the idea though.

• Vanguard are actually the only problem because they can stay far away from you while hitting like a truck at enormous range.
    Dancing knights only have damage while dancing Maa have speed. Just saying but maybe vanguards should be slowed down to knights speed. Or it could be like in the real world were you lose speed then you turn.

• Its fine as it is.

• Activating Chase with battlecry sounds like a fun idea and would overall increase the amount of yelling which is always a plus. I don’t know about the chase cooldown though, it wouldn’t really be possible to catch to dancers or MaA running away like that, besides the battlecries vary in length.

Make it remain active as long as your crosshair stays red or you stop moving.

• I’d rather TB just fix it.

• Yeah, it’s about time it gets fixed or buffed. It annoys the hell out of me when I’m forced to let me opponent get away scot-free just because I literally can’t catch them and pursuing them would be a waste of time.

It’s especially infuriating against VGs that kite you with weapons that knock you back out of riposte range with every hit.

• @50ShadesofClay:

make it knight special (front chase)

RIP vanguards

• old chase was also broken, people would just suddenly activate their busterrockets and warp into your face….

this battlecry idee is rubbish, then you chase someone and battlecry then this someone is also gonne battlecry and you are never gonne close the gap

• Its fine as it is.

Except that Chase stops every 3 seconds for half a second or so, then starts again. Making you catch up take longer than it should and also feels wonky.

• I’m pretty sure the players here posting the current chase mechanic is fine have never spent over 2 minutes chasing a Man at Arms around the houses of Stoneshill.

• Its fine, we don`t need massive acceleration from any direction.

• @Rickvs:

I’m pretty sure the players here posting the current chase mechanic is fine have never spent over 2 minutes chasing a Man at Arms around the houses of Stoneshill.

That time when you are a knight in a low populated server and are trying to defend the peasants from the man-at-arms and just can’t catch him up while he is killing them all.

Most situations you don’t have to go chasing after Maa as a knight though.

• @TheFunnySide:

this battlecry idee is rubbish, then you chase someone and battlecry then this someone is also gonne battlecry and you are never gonne close the gap

I feel like you’re not trolling now, so.

Read posts throughoughly

• This needs looking at tbh. I posted about chasing an Archer with my red dot on his back and still not gaining ground
    or catching him at all.

• @CRUSHED:

Its fine as it is.

shut your mouth point-eight.

• This game is so fucked, can we please just get the patch that reverts this game to CU1

• @Psyfon:

This game is so fucked, can we please just get the patch that reverts this game to CU1

• well at least dueling was really fun back then :P

• Why do you people want to nerf MAAs to shit? haha