Cftp/ftp stamina usage.

• So I had an idea that if you cftp/ftp and successfully parry then it should only use the stamina of a normal parry, but if you screw it up it uses the stamina it currently does.

There are situations where you can mess up cftp/ftp, if they feint your cftp/ftp or if you miss-time it vs a slow weapon that is dragged.

Reducing the stamina for doing it properly would go a long way in balancing knight vs maa matchups IMO.

Thoughts?

• I like it /10chars

• game should just have more stamina

nursing yellow bar is great mini-game, but more battles are decided by yellow bar than actual player actions or skill.

if you main a big weapon and use lots of kicks, stamina can win near every engagement for you. Padawan had it down to a science, to where he could recognize when he had the stamina advantage from the first couple of actions, and just pressed with maul overheads and kicks.

certain setups fare better against this than others, obviously, but I’d say a good 60-70% of the duels I watched, and played against him, were just won by stamina.

• I’d rather just have less stamina usage for using a somewhat skillful defensive action such as cftp/ftp. My suggestion allows for better defensive play without allowing more offensive feints/spam misses/maa dodges, which is what would happen if you just increased the stamina pool.

• @H:

game should just have more stamina

nursing yellow bar is great mini-game, but more battles are decided by yellow bar than actual player actions or skill.

if you main a big weapon and use lots of kicks, stamina can win near every engagement for you. Padawan had it down to a science, to where he could recognize when he had the stamina advantage from the first couple of actions, and just pressed with maul overheads and kicks.

certain setups fare better against this than others, obviously, but I’d say a good 60-70% of the duels I watched, and played against him, were just won by stamina.

yeah for a good while i copied exactly what he did with the maul lmao

you can wreck most players in duels if they dont know you are just trying to stam them out

it takes almost no skill at all as well

• I miss the glory days of release stamina. Vanguard stamina drain (and knockback) was not the buff they needed. If I’m not mistaken, some weapons currently drain more stamina than others (maul drains more than longsword, which is good), but I think there needs to be less stamina used overall. One vs many often is lost because of stamina.

• @gndo:

So I had an idea that if you cftp/ftp and successfully parry then it should only use the stamina of a normal parry, but if you screw it up it uses the stamina it currently does.

There are situations where you can mess up cftp/ftp, if they feint your cftp/ftp or if you miss-time it vs a slow weapon that is dragged.

Reducing the stamina for doing it properly would go a long way in balancing knight vs maa matchups IMO.

Thoughts?

While we are at it remove stamina cost from successfully dodging, because this isnt gonne change the meta at all.

I am gonne tell you how the new meta will look. You will allways allways allways queue up an attack because blocking in idle state or from windup isnt different. Everytime you read a feint you wont block and your attack will hit your opponent. Mauls will be forced to ripose every time because they are to slow for this meta….

• @TheFunnySide:

While we are at it remove stamina cost from successfully dodging, because this isnt gonne change the meta at all.

I am gonne tell you how the new meta will look. You will allways allways allways queue up an attack because blocking in idle state or from windup isnt different. Everytime you read a feint you wont block and your attack will hit your opponent. Mauls will be forced to ripose every time because they are to slow for this meta….

I’ve read this several times, and still have no idea what you are talking about.

• You are so shortsighted

Cftp is like the name suggest 2 moves –> Feinting and parrying.
    If Cftp’s stamina cost is reduced to parry cost —> simple equation --> feinting costs 0 stamina

This is one side of the shitcoin you are trying to sell us.

…gonne edit the rest

• Just reduce the stamina cost of parrying all-together. You can’t reduce the cost of CFTP or FTP because they’re all different moves that all cost a unique amount of stamina.

• Horrible idea, because this:

@Noxin:

You can’t reduce the cost of CFTP or FTP because they’re all different moves that all cost a unique amount of stamina.

I guess OP wants mistake correction and risky play to be completely free of cost.

• Well I’m no coder but surely an if statement of some kind could be made where by if you feint then parry straight after, and parry connects then you get reduced stamina cost.

I’m not trying to get feints to use 0 stamina lol.

And Nova, as a knight it’s easier said than done to not have to use ftp/cftp vs Maa.

• @Noxin:

Just reduce the stamina cost of parrying all-together. You can’t reduce the cost of CFTP or FTP because they’re all different moves that all cost a unique amount of stamina.

They are not all “different moves”.

They are a combination of moves.

Feinting does and should cost stamina.

Comboing does and should cost stamina.

Parrying by itself does not cost stamina and costs a dynamic amount of stamina when actually parrying.

What people are suggesting is that after a certain window after a feint parrying an attack costs no stamina and parrying nothing should cost more stamina.

Rewarding well timed and skilled play and punishing mistakes.

• What people are suggesting is that after a certain window after a feint parrying an attack costs no stamina and parrying nothing should cost more stamina.
    Rewarding well timed and skilled play and punishing mistakes.

Why should a parry after a feint cost less stamina? You fucked up and got called out for your feint, requiring you to parry right after to cover your mistake. Why should that cost less stamina?

Now, if you are using CftP to bypass release+recovery time in order to get your parry up in time, why should you not trade some stamina for a faster parry? Why should you get to shave off precious time AND pay less stamina for it?

Seems to me that players who do good clean kills that don’t require a CftP in order to survive an incoming hit (from a not clean kill) should be the ones that get rewarded, those having to CftP should be punished for their hasty play. Leave it as it is.

• Toll, have you ever fought in a 2v1 with good players?

You ever notice how one player will almost always stand back and wait for you to swing before he strikes?

What are you supposed to do then? Lose all of your stamina because good players know how to time their attacks?

I hardly ever feint with the intention of tricking a player into parrying.

No one needs FtPs for 1v1s. (not even for MAA despite many people’s opinions on the matter)

But you need FtPs when fighting more than one good player unless you like getting hit alot or never attacking.

And if you say nobody should be fighting more than one person by themselves, then you are both a coward and a peasant.

• @randomlvl40+:

And if you say nobody should be fighting more than one person by themselves, then you are both a coward and a peasant.

Winners are cowards and peasants then.

• Toll, have you ever fought in a 2v1 with good players?

You ever notice how one player will almost always stand back and wait for you to swing before he strikes?

What are you supposed to do then? Lose all of your stamina because good players know how to time their attacks?

Of course I have. Aye, they do indeed stand back and wait, that is why you have to have exemplary footwork to work the distance so that you get your chance to attack without fear. It takes good knowledge of your terrain and their loadout, good timing. You will be stepping in between them a lot, the bubble reduction made a huge difference for this. FtP should not be your primary tool in this situation, otherwise you’ll run out of stamina quickly, as you have found.

So the battle can take a while, or it can be over very quickly if someone makes a mistake.

You should totally fight more than 1 person if your skill is better than theirs. We an easily take on 3 or 4 (sometimes more) lvl 20’s for instance, maybe 2-3 lvl 30’s and 2 lvl 40’s (more if they are sucky lvl 40’s). Generally by the time players are level 50, taking on 2 at once is very dangerous. You want to make this easier? Part of the fun of 1vX fights in the difficulty in doing it. Don’t make it easier plz.

• I think you missed my point as I did not make it clear enough.

If you land a hit on one player you are completely open for attacks unless you CFtP.

Good players know this and will make good use of this.

In this situation you HAVE to CFtP or take damage and die.

And if you CFtP then a thrid of your stamina is gone including any stamina you spent up to that point.

And good luck getting stamina back when two good players want you dead.

I can hold my own in 2v1s against my fellow level 50s, but winning out is not very possible unless they make a mistake or they let me regain stamina.

The mechanic I described wouldn’t make 1vXs “easier” at all, only more possible for you to last longer without getting stamina locked as quickly.

Reevaluate your deffiniton of easy.

• If you land a hit on one player you are completely open for attacks unless you CFtP.

You are open for attacks if you CftP anyway, you will be in a recovery position at one point. Also, you are not open for attack if you land your hit out of distance from the other player, hence the footwork.

I can hold my own in 2v1s against my fellow level 50s, but winning out is not very possible unless they make a mistake or they let me regain stamina.

You are upset you can’t win vs multiple people with similar skill to you? This game is designed that a 1v1 between 2 similar skilled people is a close match, as soon as you throw another person into it will significantly tip the scales in their favour, as it should.

Rethink your strategy instead of trying to force the game to adapt to you.

• Sir, I am very fine with the game as it stands right now, and I would keep playing it even if they never bothered patching it ever again.

I am only arguing for the sake of promoting mechanics and gameplay elements that I want to see in game be it futile or not.

I have won enough 2v1s against lvl 50s that I feel that stamina is the biggest restriction in Xv1s.

And this game is not at all balanced for 1v1s.

The class system and current balance very much lean towards this.

Simply changing class to accommodate to your opponents weaknesses is very easy and effective.