NA Sunday Night Scrims

• I talked to some other teams about getting on at a certain time on Sunday nights and being able to reasonably expect to get a scrim. The idea is that we designate a time: Roughly 5:30 PM PST every Sunday. The community would know that this is a time where teams know that other teams will be looking for scrims. There seems to already be some teams that are interested, and one great thing about this is how informal and low-maintenance it is: just show up and ask folks for a scrim. It can be whatever format and whatnot obviously since it’d be up to the teams. You can put your contact info in this thread if you have a team and want to give folks the means to find you. For example:

Legion (Lg)-
    HeightofAbsurdity- http://steamcommunity.com/id/Heightofabsurdity
    Chuckdatass- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984752886/

If you guys want to (or want me to) set up a steam group like we’ve done in the past, I’m open to that to, though I’m told most people just work off of friends lists atm and God knows the last thing a lot of us need is another steam group invite. I could also just link all the peoples contact info to this first post to compile a list people can use if people want that.

Note this time might be less reliable on Sundays where tournies are held (lots of teams might be tired if there’s a tourny all Sunday and what not, but really…. how many tournies are we having atm?)

So again, that time is 5:30 PM PST every Sunday. Be there or be lame, and happy mauling!

• I think this is a great idea. The only problem I see is that I can name 3-5 clans that will not scrim certain clans (including the one i’m in) because they claim they don’t want to get “****d.” Now I understand losing isn’t fun, but honestly I don’t see how ANYONE can improve their team skill and personal skill without fighting teams and players better than them! So therefore I can see this working, but only for some clans. Other clans that don’t wanna play clans better than them will just make up excuses or refuse to scrim. BUT i’m going to put down my info and my clan.

Valkyrie (Vk):
    Fletch - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198050978976/

Valkyrie is willing to scrim ALL clans, we might need a week or 2 to get back on our feet, I know there are some members that could be a bit trolly (including myself XD), but we will be respectful and humble in victory or defeat. Thanks.

• Can confirm Lg is down to scrim anyone regardless of skill. Having said that, we may be a bit rusty. 14 months away from the game does that a bit.

On another note, in the past if we ever refused to scrim a clan it was due to the poor scrim behavior of the clan’s members or leader. We are always looking to improve, as well as looking to improve other clans which will grow the scene as a whole.

But at the end of the day, we do this for fun. And competing against top opponents is where the fun is at.

• @ChuckingIt:

Can confirm Lg is down to scrim anyone regardless of skill. Having said that, we may be a bit rusty. 14 months away from the game does that a bit.

On another note, in the past if we ever refused to scrim a clan it was due to the poor scrim behavior of the clan’s members or leader. We are always looking to improve, as well as looking to improve other clans which will grow the scene as a whole.

But at the end of the day, we do this for fun. And competing against top opponents is where the fun is at.

Chuck it’s good to see you back man. Was always fun playing against you and Lg.

• @ChuckingIt:

Exactly. We’ve never really had issues finding people to scrim, it’s just a behavior problem. eq will probably show up and we’ll probably give certain clans another chance, but we’re just not gonna stick with it if it becomes an ego stroke-fest with the insults and teabagging.

• @Flotch:

The only problem I see is that I can name 3-5 clans that will not scrim certain clans (including the one i’m in) because they claim they don’t want to get “****d.”

Yeah, there will be teams that don’t want to go up against the best teams in the game until they get better. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing, but one good thing about this too is that those teams oftentimes end up almost never scrimming and getting better because the good clans are the ones that scrim more generally. This will hopefully give them access to teams of similar skill level since clans who scrim less will be able to plan the time they get on easier to at least get some scrims in each week. Then, hopefully after building some more confidence, they will mix other clans into their scrim rotations and challenge themselves even more.

@AmishInsurgent:

Exactly. We’ve never really had issues finding people to scrim, it’s just a behavior problem. eq will probably show up and we’ll probably give certain clans another chance, but we’re just not gonna stick with it if it becomes an ego stroke-fest with the insults and teabagging.

Yeah, totally agree. Other teams being dicks really hurts the whole scene. Thankfully there are a decent number of teams right now that aren’t assholes so teams that want to scrim have an incentive to not be dicks, otherwise they won’t get as many scrims. I’d rather scrim a slightly less competitive opponent who isn’t an asshat over an army of asshats any day.