First person camera inconsistency

• I’ve noticed that the first person camera on the Archer isn’t in the same place as other classes. I’m not sure if this is intended or not. Examples below.

These gifs were taken standing and looking in the exact same spot using the same weapon.

You’ll notice that the archer camera looks to be in front of the other class cameras, which causes a lot of clipping when using melee weapons.

• Maybe it’s to make looking down the bows easier? That is kinda silly though.

• archers get free zoom hakn wtf torn banner!

• There is also a problem of camera position difference that causes model clipping. I tested only with archer class and FOV 120 but problem may be present with other classes too.

Here is an example of Short Bow used by Mason and Agatha archer, standing in same place and aiming at the same spot.

• @Kulin_ban:

Whoever from torn banner fucked up the placement of the wall mounted torch lighting should be fired.

• @AmishInsurgent:

Whoever from torn banner fucked up the placement of the wall mounted torch lighting should be fired.

that person already quit afaik

• It might sound a little ridiculous, but this is the reason why I don’t play archer.

Secondary archer weapons clipping all the time is really annoying and makes melee a lot harder.

• Is this fixed? Because I still having the problem…

• Developer

So what it looks like the issue is is that the mason first person mesh didn’t have the camera offset (-7 units) that all other first person meshes have. This means the clipping at 120 with Agatha is, uhh, the correct camera view and Mason will now also clip the drawstring. Clipping was only optimized up to 100-105 max if I recall correctly.

Agatha Archer’s right, has always been right, Mason Archer will match it in the next patch.