Contest results ETA

• So we’ve just pasted the month mark post contest. Just wondering if you guys have a rough ETA for an announcement? Having spoken to some of the other designers we are all itching to hear the results.

I know it’s been a long hard slog to work though the whole 45+ maps and pick only 3, then put them in order. There has been much speculation and personally (obvious bias aside) I honestly don’t know how I’d call it.

So yeah, please don’t take this as a “Dear god hurry up, what’s the problem!”, just wondering how it’s all going.

Also if people want to use this thread to speculate and hype go right ahead!

• First Speculation : They’re all still hung over from the awesome 2 Million copies sold party that they probably threw over the weekend.

More likely however is that they are waiting to hear back from their quality assurance people about some of the maps they are probably considering adding into the game. And twofold of this is coming up with some tangible prizes for who/whichever of these maps they decide to integrate into the game, and name in their respective placements outside of the top 3 places.

• “When it comes”

• Most potential winners: Cove, Belmez, Irilla, Castle Assault, Hideout.

• I haven’t paid too much attention to this bullcrap, but will they only pick like top 3-5 to be added to the official maplist? or will we have a good varity of maps once this contest for attention is over?

• They’re going to pick the top 3 and patch them into the game, the others will still be available on the workshop however.

• They should pick more though, loadsa quality maps much better than shitadel and turdfront

• @NATO:

They’re going to pick the top 3 and patch them into the game, the others will still be available on the workshop however.

Big dissapointment right there, okay fuck Torn Banner and Chivalry then. had slight thoughts about coming back to it after vacation but meh, fuck it.

Would be way better if they picked like the best out of 20 maps or something and made a official maplist out of that, in Age of chivalry we had a huge varity of maps, which was great. So far we have only had three viable maps, while citadel, and the two new maps that came along it with the latest DLC are pretty poorely made, and three extra maps just won’t do… they need more…Oh well, why do I even care. the closest I am to chivalry right now is just on the forums, guess it’ll remain that way.

• Definitely more than 3 top quality maps. I hope they choose at least 5 to put into official rotation.

• @dudeface:

Definitely more than 3 top quality maps. I hope they choose at least 5 to put into official rotation.

There aren’t 5 top quality custom maps.

• Ok 4. Final offer.

• I hope they take their time, but I would like to know some progress updates as well.

• Would be awesome if they picked 5 maps instead of 3, even if no awards for 4th and 5th place.

Two more maps wouldn’t hurt Chivalry, just more fun for players.

• 5 winners with bigger prizepool plz.

pls torn banner

u sold 2 million copies

pls

• It’s not like they will disappear, that’s the beauty of the steam workshop and the auto downloading.

• knowing this community, all maps outside of the top 3 will be left and forgotten and never played haha

But yeah i only have 3 favorites aswell, so I think 3 maps winning is ok

• 3 maps winning prize money, yes. More than 3 going into rotation would be nice though. I mean c’mon they aint worse than some of the official TO maps.

• That tension though…

inb4 heart attack

• @rumpelstiltskin:

There aren’t 5 top quality custom maps.

Maybe there might be if people would care to provide feedback to the maps that have been constantly reworked and updated the whole of this last month.

Honestly, there are at least 15 maps that are more than qualified compared to some of the existing maps in the game. Just because some people only like 3 maps out of 45, which I think is just biased, doesn’t mean the rest of the people who play this game wouldn’t mind a little more variety.