Virtuix Omni + Oculus + Wii Motion Controls + Chivalry

• Seems the guys at Virtuix Omni decided to do a video of chivalry using a mixture of VR equipment…shame they can’t block anything lol.

I am sure some maps will be used as “Fitness” maps too, due to all the running, hehe.
    http://forum.virtuix.com/discussion/1982/virtuix-omni-chivalry-medieval-warfare#latest

• that would be pretty bad ass… would be really cool if the speed you ran on the treadmill related to speed in the game, so the better shape you were in real life, the faster you could go lol.

guy on the right was working way harder.

• @50ShadesofClay:

that would be pretty bad ass… would be really cool if the speed you ran on the treadmill related to speed in the game, so the better shape you were in real life, the faster you could go lol.

guy on the right was working way harder.

You only won because you’re more in shape than me, exploiting the gym

• Mod

That is fucking awesome :O People will be accused of drug cheating in video games the way technology is going :P

• @Tyoson:

That is fucking awesome :O People will be accused of drug cheating in video games the way technology is going :P

HAHAHAHA!….oh god ><
    I am having a difficult time imagining that, how sad :P

• :D nice but I would rarther stick with mouse and keyboard, they could not block a shit xD

• Mod

@MiPu:

:D nice but I would rarther stick with mouse and keyboard, they could not block a shit xD

Someone who better understands the mechanics of the game would be able to block a lot better I think.

• It could have been their controls were bugging out too. But probably more likely they just durped.

• They need a competent way of emulating the weapons; the fact that you need to activate a button to swing doesn’t help much with VR.

• Chivalry could be like Oculus Maximus :D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaAEdJU-ss4

As a proud owner of an Oculus Dev Kit, and some Razer Hydra’s, this game is damn fun, albeit clunky as you can see in the trailer, it’s such an awesome fun game, and can be kind of difficult.
    I have often had hour gaming sessions playing this game, which might not sound like a lot, but considering each round might take 5mins, and inside of the Oculus DK1 for a long period of time can be rather uncomfortable in terms of nausea.

My Dev Kit 2 is probably going to arrive in September, which should alleviate a lot of these sorts of problems.

Imagine if this physics based combat would work well in multiplayer, in Chivalry :D

Virtuix Omni, STEM system, Oculus Rift, Chivalry :D

• While intially it looked cool, sadly the controllers did not even come close to replicating the motions of the players hand…… there is still a long way to go before you get a holodeck

• @Retsnom:

While intially it looked cool, sadly the controllers did not even come close to replicating the motions of the players hand…… there is still a long way to go before you get a holodeck

Did you look at this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaAEdJU-ss4

It’s not Chivalry, but as far as proper combat goes, this gets pretty darn close. And from personal experience, having played it with the right equipment, I can say that it is damn awesome and addicting! :)