More than 3 maps

• It’s a shame that only 3 maps will be made into official content. There are a total of 48 entries to the fortification map contest, and so many of those are very high quality and deserve to be part of the vanilla game. Just as the players of Chivalry deserve easy access to these maps on official servers. I don’t ask for all 48 to be included, only ten or so of the best maps -the ones that meet all the criteria.
    At the very least, allow chosen, well-made maps to be votable on official servers.

• At this point in time we don’t know how many maps they might consider actually adding to the game, we’ll find out for sure when they post the news. Their contest page says 3, but they also say they reserve the right to change the conditions at any time should they so chose. I’m betting on the top 5 maps at the least get a shot for being in game officially.

There’s literally thousands of man hours between 48 maps and all the effort, frustration, joy, updating, crashes, and sweat that went into this contest by every author. It’d be nice if that was recognized in some fashion or other. A unique set of skins, instead of a peasant hat would be a nice way to reward everyone who took the time out of their springs and summer to make the magic happen. And who knows, maybe they just will. Or not.

I figure I didn’t have anything to lose going in, I don’t have anything to lose coming out of it. The one thing I do get out of it guaranteed is just another set of pictures I can add to my portfolio. And the same goes for everyone else at the very least. It was good practice getting back into the Unreal Engine for me, and I have plans for at least two more maps to build in the next month or so.

• Didn’t they say all 5 of the round 1 winners will make it into rotation as well as the round 2 winners? It’s more than just 3.

• I’d like to see more official maps come out of the contest, whether I win or not, everyone wants new content.
    It would cost TBS less to have 10 winners, than to pay wages to their staff to make 10 maps over the same period of time.
    Up the prize pool, increase the winning map count, and all round, everyone is going to benefit; The community will have more maps, TBS will spend more in prizes now, but the long term gain from popularity due to extra content will be huge, especially if they do a steam sale in celebration, to draw more players in.
    People also love developers who support custom content, and will buy a game purely based on that fact.
    Would be a really smart move, but it’ll be up to TBS.

@SOC:

Didn’t they say all 5 of the round 1 winners will make it into rotation as well as the round 2 winners? It’s more than just 3.

Nope.

• Mod

Bloody oath. I’ve seen some damn good maps… Well over 3 of them.

• So we can get a maximum of 8 maps if the second round winners are all different. Which is unlikely.

• I wouldn’t think its as unlikely as you’d expect, from a design standpoint.

• Three is enough imo. They could set aside One server in each region just to have the best of the maps that didn’t win
    on a rotation of Team Objective maps. This could be considered by TB and the map makers still get to play on and see
    maps they designed as does the rest of the community.

• hmm Offical suport would be best xD

but if they dont want yeah at least one server in every region would be very appreciated as well :)

• Well, the contest is over now. I’m not going to comment about the map winners. But I am glad that Torn Banner will still be accepting more maps if deemed worthy:

“Although the contest may now be over, we’ve decided to leave it open ended for an indefinite period of time, so as not to let all that hard work, passion, and determination go to waste. From here on out, any Team Objective map that Torn Banner deems worthy of acceptance into the official release of Chivalry will be awarded with $1000”

This brings up a question though, does that mean the current maps in the Fortification map contest that didn’t win are not worthy? Is this offer only for future maps?

• There were 7 winners total 3 won twice.

All 7 should be added.

• And all 45, (Or at least the ones that meet the criteria) should be votable on official servers. They don’t have to be part of the rotation, but I’d like the chance to at least play them.

Also, I’ve noticed contest winners servers. What’s that all about? If they’re official, why are they separate? And why does it still treat them like sdk maps?

• This brings up a question though, does that mean the current maps in the Fortification map contest that didn’t win are not worthy?

Obviously they were else the winner grouping might actually look a little different. No matter what someone loses. Even with a gracious offer such as that. The wording is a bit insulting but that’s just how the development world is. Harsh and competitive. Plenty of the contest maps that aren’t in the top 5 are far from Amateur in terms of skill, creativity, effectiveness, visual appeal. But those weren’t really qualities TB was looking for. FUN is what matters here and if they aren’t fun nothing else matters.

• Well most if not all of the contest winners aren’t exactly finished yet with their maps.

• @Skindiacus:

Also, I’ve noticed contest winners servers. What’s that all about? If they’re official, why are they separate? And why does it still treat them like sdk maps?

Probably so people can have a chance to play just the new maps before they get integrated into the game proper.

• they said they will provide us with custom servers, I feel like winner…

and other maps when they will be finished (or even new maps that wasn’t in contest) could be added too! so we all are winners

Contest had just began not ended
    and best thing is that this conetest is never ending thing xD
    very nice things in this comunity nowadays…

and I am satisfied with offical pick, they are quality maps in all apsects

thanx for this thread OP btw, I think it helped us :)

• @MiPu:

and best thing is that this conetest is never ending thing xD

10 years later TB are bankrupt because of all the player-made maps they had to fork out $1000 for.

• @gndo:

10 years later TB are bankrupt because of all the player-made maps they had to fork out $1000 for.

tis but a scratch

• If Belmez doesn’t win, i’m going to be very angry.

• The 5 Round 2 winners of the contest are being incorporated into the game as official maps, in official server rotations. It will take us some time to do this though, as we have to patch them into the official release of the game.