Fighting High ranks with the Fork! Feedback is appreciated :D

• Hey guys im Tango and i record edit and upload Chivalry content onto youtube, Its a passtime for me and im always using the fork and have gotten pretty good with it. I would appreciate if you check out the video, Comment with your thoughts. If there positive then a like would be amazing and Subscribe for more regular Chivalry Content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06raQMZGcvM&list=UUSF5RY-H0g8289lgq8NouIg

• SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

• Most of your opponents is not what I would consider high ranked, people around 50-60 and with incredible fighting skills.
    Why 30-50 isn’t high is because of the rank glitch which put pretty much 50% of the players at like 40 instantly, but interesting video. Fork is a good pressure weapon, but wish spears in general didn’t have the lame slash attack, decent drag manouvers but if you drag a tad harder, you can get even more around to their sides.

• Tbh i couldn’t find any higher ranks, Due to chivalry’s horrible ping.

• no because you play on official duel mode

• Rank means little in this game, plenty of rank 40-50+ that are just plain bad.

• I liked it man. Imo you should feint more and hittrade less. You see, your weapon already does shit damage, so feint their ass big time, this weapon is great for this. You will see that it gives you great control over your opponent if he doesn’t know how to deal with feints (most of the people).

About hittrades, try to feint to parry more so you preserve yourself better, remember that as a vanguard you can’t afford such trades (think like if you were in a TO match), even more with such a low damaging weapon as the fork my friend! This + feints and good timing to flinch you opponent’s attacks and you see why some people get really scarred to fight spear vanguards

I’m having a very similar problem you see, I’m trying to git gud with the spear and I often hittrade trying to flinch the fucker, and that’s because of my bad timings/positioning with said weapon.

But this is something that time and practice shall fix for us. Idk if its clear what I’m saying here, my english seems to be worse these days lol

• Oh i know what your saying buddy, This weapon can be a 4+ hit kill if i don’t get all head-shots. And since most weapons can 2 shot me in under a second i have to be able to sneak in alot of hits quickly.

This is all working up to a awesome fighting style, Unlike a large proportion of Chivalry’s Population. I enjoy my Weapon for more than just its stats ( Helped by the fact its stats are shit ) Fainting is a massive No No for me :( I could win 19/20 fights if i let myself faint, Even against top Knights thom atm i have to outplay substantially. Im obviously putting myself at the disadvantage here and for what reason… Good footage. As i said, Not fainting with the fork and having to do these complicated moves just for a single hit makes the fights look…Epic. Think Prince Obyryn against The Mountain, Ive been doing this for 38 levels so im not amazingly accurate yet, But then again i dont have a mouse mat either :)

• To be fair, if you really fought a high-skilled player, that no no feint style just wouldn’t do.

What you’ll end up with is being blocked and feinted till you lose your guard = bam, certain death since you’re essentionally fighting versus 1-2 shot to kill weapons while you least need 3-4. you’re suppose to pressure with fast weapons.

Feinting isn’t all that bad.

• Most players have to go through this phase where they learn to stop hating feints, if they want to improve, and learn to use them and enjoy the mind games that come with feint fights. It’s mostly the fault of the community at large that most players don’t like feints because they follow the group mindset: “feints are bad”, and so don’t bother to learn how to use them and how to read them.

• @TaintedTango:

Oh i know what your saying buddy, This weapon can be a 4+ hit kill if i don’t get all head-shots. And since most weapons can 2 shot me in under a second i have to be able to sneak in alot of hits quickly.

This is all working up to a awesome fighting style, Unlike a large proportion of Chivalry’s Population. I enjoy my Weapon for more than just its stats ( Helped by the fact its stats are shit ) Fainting is a massive No No for me :( I could win 19/20 fights if i let myself faint, Even against top Knights thom atm i have to outplay substantially. Im obviously putting myself at the disadvantage here and for what reason… Good footage. As i said, Not fainting with the fork and having to do these complicated moves just for a single hit makes the fights look…Epic. Think Prince Obyryn against The Mountain, Ive been doing this for 38 levels so im not amazingly accurate yet, But then again i dont have a mouse mat either :)

Listen to Wildwulfy man, when you fight trully skilled players you will have to feint or you are dead. Your opponents weren’t total noobs, but they also weren’t really high level dudes.

Against them, you will see that feiting can even put you in bad situations if bad used. You should start using them asap because if you don’t, when you need it you will not know the best moments for it and your feints will be really easy to deal with. I mean, I could get a spear and feint your ass from miles away, what would you do? You would have to make every shot worthy, you would not want me to parry your attacks to get the initiative and feint you again right. You know, fork is easy as shit to parry and fight against, unless its user know how to feint and put people on defensive due psycopathic agressivity

You shouldn’t hold back your skill because of that man! At least, when you parry someone do a quick mouse moviment to the left and back to the right, this looks like you are riposting a slash. You will be surprised seeing how many people fall for this lol

Also, if you don’t feint, you don’t feint to parry, whitch as a vanguard will cost your life in may situations.

• Thanks for the feedback guys, Especially about faints. People always try and defend the fork when im arguing about how bad it is, They don’t realize i’m not fainting my ass off. Its actually really annoying, Well i made this bit more fast passed video for you guys :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsiAJRwwfFE&feature=youtu.be