Heavy Knight Equivalant Weapons

• It would be nice I feel to have several different options for the Hk equivalant. Maybe the good old fashined Hammer, Axe and maybe a pollarm of some varity? Each having it’s own behavoir, range e.t.c.

A selection of secondary weapons would be nice and the ability to maybe substitute your throwning weapons for a small buckler and hand axe. Which is aomething I’d really like to see in the game, would make a nice Footman weapon, Axe and Shield.

• Developer

;)

• Oh man. WHAT DOES THE WINK MEAN?
    DOES THIS MEAN WE’LL BE ABLE TO CHARGE MAH LAZAH IN GAME NOWZ? :o

• It’s a trap.

• Tibb’s has the hots for you Alex.

• Well doesn’t everybody? I Know I do

• Ive been harping on about a bleeding Hand axe and shield for ages in the old beta tester forums bout time tibby kins took it into consideration.

• I’d like to see a polearm equivalent. Some knights back in the day wearing heavy armor would wield a weapon like a poleaxe or some such. Slow as hell but it was powerful as it was mostly used to bring down cavelry in a single swipe.

• @Dalanoth:

I’d like to see a polearm equivalent. Some knights back in the day wearing heavy armor would wield a weapon like a poleaxe or some such. Slow as hell but it was powerful as it was mostly used to bring down cavelry in a single swipe.

first off, polearms are not slow as hell. they are frighteningly fast, agile weapons. they dont weigh nearly as much as people assume. I know of a good few lucerne hammers in collections that are under 4lbs (2kilos) for the entire thing.

_(edit:) I keep failing miserably in the game, as I close, try to hit with a poleaxe, and feel like its dragging through treacle, its so slow, compared to how they really do move. Same with longsword.
    actually…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjT4JepA-Vc

watch that. you’ll see how fast longsword really is.
    _

their use depends entirely on the type of polearm. if you’re referncing something like a pollaxe or lucerne hammer, then they’re principally individual combatant’s anti-armour weapons, used when armoured to punch through, or disable, in a manner akin to a can-opener.
    The billhook, halberd, and partisan/spear (in respective haft sizes), in contrast, are more anti-infantry weapons designed for lighter armoured units which can work for individual combat - but which are great in defensive use, and in holding off heavier armoured individuals.
    And of course, things like the Pike are very much a formation unit weapon - a single 15ft pike on its own is pretty useless for combat as its just too bulky. a Schiltron of the things, 10 feet out of your own range however, is absolutely terrifying to face. if you’re not in full plate, a unit of pikes is suicide, and even in plate, the only way I’ve ever found to get a gap is to try to drag down the wall and hope the rest of your group get in there fast, before they turn you into a rare kebab.
    I can understand fully why the landsknecht doppelsoldeir were not only highly trained, but paid significantly more for their actions, given they were facing off against pike units…

• @PsychoAlex:

It would be nice I feel to have several different options for the Hk equivalant. Maybe the good old fashined Hammer, Axe and maybe a pollarm of some varity? Each having it’s own behavoir, range e.t.c.

A selection of secondary weapons would be nice and the ability to maybe substitute your throwning weapons for a small buckler and hand axe. Which is aomething I’d really like to see in the game, would make a nice Footman weapon, Axe and Shield.

Do you have a throwing knife as a throwing weapons?

• I believe we do.

• Possibly the wrong thread for it but I personally would love to see an alternate weapon for the Flail Knight.
    Essentially what in particular I would like to see is a big Spiked ball on a long chain wielded in two hands. It would be extremely slow and would be required to be in motion (think of how a machine gun has to spin a couple of rotations in games like tf2) before a strike can be attempted and a successful block with a shield (parrying this would not be possible) would halt it. In motion it would consume a similar rate of stamina comparable to holding up a shield a successful attack would consume some stamina and a miss or a block would consume considerably more. This would be a powerful foe on the battlefield however would be considerably at risk to archers and smart players who would only need to block him once to get inside his reach and spill his guts.

• While that would be realistic, it would also be too similar to the standard flail + shield combo. If this two-handed flail acted like the Heavy Knight’s broad axe, in that it does more damage at the cost of defensive capabilities, this would be a fair trade-off. As justification for the increased damage, why not make the two-handed flail a double-ball or triple-ball flail? That would justify both the increased damage and the need for two hands to wield it. It would also change up the arsenal a bit, though it might take a bit of tweaking and balancing to make it work right.

• can we have a “bill” or some sort of shortened halberd like this?

• More then 2 throwing axes stuck in the belt would be appreciated.

How about warhammer & shield ? Shorted/smaller version of the 2h one, While doing high damage with low attack speed/range.

• Revived Thread is Revived

Would like to see a single handed Warhammer and shield, Holy Paladin and all the awsomeness that entails.

A bill would be better suited I think to a footman like class as they were traditionally weilded by a pike block or similar fighting group. These men were usualy the sons of merchants or lesser nobles, so they had enough money for decent armour and weaponry but not the heavier duty full plate.

• Pictures related.

• fair point i was just on the medieval TW demo and in agincourt there’s some pretty beasty looking dismounted knights with something like that

[imghttp://totalwar.honga.net/images/medieval2/m2tw/unit_info/england/dismounted_english_knights_info.jpg[/img]
    so basically shorter halberd with less damage (especially on slash) and greater speed

btw hells yayeaugh to hammah with shield

EDIT: -.- can’t find decent pic sorry :L

• associating HK’s with blunt weapons?

/discuss

• @Vox:

associating HK’s with blunt weapons?

/discuss

Everyone knows that blunt instrument is best.