Swings being cancelled after wind up

• I have noticed that my swings are being cancelled way after the wind up phase is over. Maybe is it supposed to be like that, but thats not what the games tells me during the loading screen. This is easy to notice while using a maul against spear type vanguards.

• Yes, there’s a… clever feature whereby if you are sprinting (or if you take 80+ damage) you will get flinched even in the release portion of your swing.

We complained about flinch in release for like an entire year and it turns out it was intentional. Sigh.

• @dudeface:

Yes, there’s a… clever feature whereby if you are sprinting (or if you take 80+ damage) you will get flinched even in the release portion of your swing.

We complained about flinch in release for like an entire year and it turns out it was intentional. Sigh.

intentional? that sounds like a lazy copout because when i first started playing this game… you didn’t get flinched in release because you were sprinting. hit trading maa as knight when you had more health/armor was a thing back then.

• Intentional meaning someone intentionally wrote that bit of code with intent.

• @dudeface:

Intentional meaning someone intentionally wrote that bit of code with intent.

with the intent of inciting terrorism because of bad game mechanics

• I did discover the feint bind had put it self back after I made and saved my config. Some how on the next steam start
    it was with my attack button.

• I just wish this intentional feature that was intentionally written with intent was actually fun or at least not contradicted by Torn Banner’s own official loading screens.

Too lazy to fix FiR, yet fully able to write “tips” that are blatant lies.
    That’s how I see it.

• There’s an actual loading screen tip saying specifically that you can only be flinched during your windup. This “feature” should’ve been removed months ago.

• @Noxin:

There’s an actual loading screen tip saying specifically that you can only be flinched during your windup. This “feature” should’ve been removed months ago.

I have a feeling they’re waiting for the balance patch to remove it, which is a stupid move. That patch is gonna be in beta for months, and FiR has very little to do with actual balance other than being fucking frustrating and screwing over knights (vs maa especially).

• i wish parrying didnt cancel sprint