Chivalry:Medieval Warfare will not start

• I recently bought Chivalry:Medieval Warfare after playing it a few times on free week ends, but when I launched up the game it did the normal thing the first time you start and asked to make changes to the computer I clicked yes and it came up with ‘Running first time set up: 1 of 3’ that promptly disappears then it comes in to the launcher. I click Play Medieval Warfare and it starts the banner that comes up before the game starts comes up and then stays there until it says the game has stopped responding. So I verified the integrity of the game cache and the same thing happened I then looked online and found other people having kind of similar problems and they said this was the solution:

First open this path/go to

Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv

In this folder you run the “vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1” application.

Now you have to go to

Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown

and run the “DXSETUP” application

I tries this only to find the RedistChiv folder empty so I verified again and it still was. I decided reinstalling might work so did that went to find the RedistChiv folder only now to discover that it didn’t exist.

Please Help as I payed good money for this game and don’ want to see it go to waste.

• Actually the folder in which you will find the installers should be “Steam\SteamApps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare_CommonRedist”

• All there is in that Folder are 3 more folders : DirectX, DotNet and VcRedist