Official low rank servers - you cannot be serious

• Just started up Chivalry, hoping to find a good server to play on. Not only were my expectations disappointed, but I also started questioning the person’s reason responsible for the game servers at TBS.

http://i.imgur.com/n6u2fly.jpg

• Wait did those silly buggers make a ton of low rank servers agin because its a sale???

It doesn’t solve the problem of people complaining. It only delays it by two days and makes it worse. As they all learn how to play badly. Then they think they are good. They hit rank 16 and because they think they are good anyone who’s better than them is instantly a hacker and they ragequit never to be seen from again.

• @lemonater47:

Wait did those silly buggers make a ton of low rank servers agin because its a sale???

It doesn’t solve the problem of people complaining. It only delays it by two days and makes it worse. As they all learn how to play badly. Then they think they are good. They hit rank 16 and because they think they are good anyone who’s better than them is instantly a hacker and they ragequit never to be seen from again.

Yep, exactly my thoughts.

• Utter rubbish tbh. These low rank servers are a great idea. I had suggested they increase the rank to 30 to
    cater for new and those having reached rank 15. If its T/O you after join Sneaky Monkeys 50 slot servers.
    Or join a clan thingybob , they usually have servers also.

• The bottom line is, TBS can’t keep everyone happy. While I agree that there are LOTS of low rank servers, it is probably to cater for the steam sale, and from a marketing perspective, TBS will need to do that, or risk the new players getting annoyed with the game because of “leet” players doing their crazy super spinny back-breaker spastic attacks to win, along with other exploits that quite frankly ruin the fun.

At the same time, I think there are too many low rank servers, way too many, and while I don’t know what rank needs to be achieved before moving away from newbie status, I think that maybe it should be lowered.

Chivalry is not a difficult game to learn, that is why I don’t think it is necessary to have so many low rank servers.
    Natural Selection 2 on the other hand, for comparison sake, always has a bunch of newbie servers, which I think is fine, because it can be quite complex, especially if players want to be a commander, thus the newbie servers is a friendlier, more fogiving server to learn the in’s and out’s, but at it’s core, there isn’t much to learning Chivalry.

I’m just gonna sit on the fence with this one, because I can see it from both sides, and don’t really disagree with what has been said, nor do I disagree with TBS’s choice to make so many low rank servers.

• Yes there are valid arguments to be made for both cases. However i find that sometimes its better for newbies to team up with veterans so they can learn faster and learn some manners. Like not going onto a duel server and running amok.

• There were already more than enough lowrank servers before the sale. TB should just keep it at that amount for once.

• @Otreum:

At the same time, I think there are too many low rank servers, way too many, and while I don’t know what rank needs to be achieved before moving away from newbie status, I think that maybe it should be lowered.

Why? I can find a normal server without trouble. Dunno why everyone is getting upset, let casuals have their fun.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Why? I can find a normal server without trouble. Dunno why everyone is getting upset, let casuals have their fun.

It would be great if they got good enough not to be casuals. Low rank servers don’t help this.

• I don’t think newbies would have fun nor learn anything being wrecked by rank 51+ and it doesnt take much more than 20 hours to reach rank 16.

• @Otreum:

Chivalry is not a difficult game to learn

Most would disagree. It takes a long time to git gud.

• It’s this thread again, and still hasn’t changed.

There just needs to be fewer of them. Having a few is a great idea but there should only be like 2-3 max for each region.

The biggest reasons are that the community is just to small to split, and that it teaches false impressions of the game. All of us started when there were no low rank severs and dealt with drags feints spins dancing ect. just the same as the noobs today. Even in closed beta. We all went 3-35 and loved it. If this was a game were level and unlocks mattered, then it would be okay to have so many. But it’s not, this is a skill based game, not a grinding game, and one of the few left that is so. A rank 0 noob has access to the same great sword that a rank 50 has and all he has to do is learn from watching the rank 50 play the game.

• @SOC:

The biggest reasons are that the community is just to small to split, and that it teaches false impressions of the game. All of us started when there were no low rank severs and dealt with drags feints spins dancing ect.

When we started there were very few good players.

I agree at some point the community becomes too small to split, but we are not at that point yet and obviously on a sale weekend you want all the new players to have the best possible experience - which is achieved fighting against people your own skill.

People want to have fun, very few want to dedicate to CMW like a full or part time job. Having a rank 62 defending and slaughtering everyone is not fun.

• People get different gratification from different things, extremely complicated concept for most people to understand

If there’s lots of noobs, then TB are going to have noob servers for the noobs so the noobs can play with noobs without getting licked up by people like me (jk) and the rest of the sweaty bastards playing this game.

But seriously, if ur mad that all the noobs are in their own cool club and you cant have a piece of that then just buy the game again and smurf, cuz i dont doubt that is what people do anyway. I haven’t played on a low rank server since beta’s end so i dont know myself, but my point is people pay money for enjoyment. Not to get their teeth smashed in by people who have months - if not years of experience playing

If you’re complaining that there’s no servers to join, then that’s wrong because i found one as soon as i launched mine because thats what filters are for

• Get over it guys, there are servers for us to play on.

If only 10% of the new players convert to long term players then it is a good thing, a couple of days of slight inconvenience is nothing in the long term.

Just retry spam the TO servers and you’ll get into a game in about 1-5 mins.

• Mod

@Toll:

Get over it guys, there are servers for us to play on.

If only 10% of the new players convert to long term players then it is a good thing, a couple of days of slight inconvenience is nothing in the long term.

Just retry spam the TO servers and you’ll get into a game in about 1-5 mins.

Then the game will crash after 2 to 3 maps. Then spend another 5-10 minutes trying to rejoin. At least it gives me more time to study I guess…

• @gregcau:

Good to know nothing changed

• @gregcau:

I agree at some point the community becomes too small to split, but we are not at that point yet and obviously on a sale weekend you want all the new players to have the best possible experience - which is achieved fighting against people your own skill.

People want to have fun, very few want to dedicate to CMW like a full or part time job. Having a rank 62 defending and slaughtering everyone is not fun.

But people increase in skill much faster now than they used to, too. There’s a lot more data out there for easy access and quick learning, and since especially how heavy visual queues influence this game, it’s pretty easy to see what killed you and why. I’m not saying remove all of them, there are a handful of new players who probably wouldn’t stay in the game unless they could start on low rank servers, but there shouldn’t be this many. I actually have a harder time finding servers during sales, which is stupid.

• @gndo:

Even the new players complain: http://steamcommunity.com/app/219640/discussions/0/522728814266898282/#c34094415693409742

Except that guy thinks that low rank servers are good and he wants to remain in his hugbox forever.