What's wrong with autobalance?

• This has been going on for a while now. Autobalance just doesn’t work at all. We only progressed this far because the Agathians kindly let us. And a match before that I was in a similar situation on Hillside, only that time I was on the winning, Agathian side - the whole match lasted maybe 5 minutes. 5 minutes on Hillside doesn’t happen, unless there’s something fundamentally wrong with autobalance.

So, what’s wrong with autobalance?

• Mod

@b3ryl:

This has been going on for a while now. Autobalance just doesn’t work at all. We only progressed this far because the Agathians kindly let us. And a match before that I was in a similar situation on Hillside, only that time I was on the winning, Agathian side - the whole match lasted maybe 5 minutes. 5 minutes on Hillside doesn’t happen, unless there’s something fundamentally wrong with autobalance.

So, what’s wrong with autobalance?

Autobalance doesn’t balance teams by players skill or their rank. It’s balanced by going: “Oh, Agatha has two less people than Mason. As soon as someone from Mason dies, he’s getting moved to Agatha, that’ll sort it out”

Low ranks die more than high ranks. So basically the team with less players usually gets some guy who dies a lot anyway and isn’t much help to their team.

There’s been heaps of different suggestions for autobalance, but from what I’ve seen, they’ve been ignored. So I guess this is how Torn Banner want it to stay.

• Vets love stacking defense for those ez kills.

• It’s just no fun to attack then half your team picks archer and camps your spawn and the other half are spamming dat lmb in your back.
    Everytime you make it to the frontline you are fighting the entire enemy team.

• Mod

@dudeface:

Vets love stacking defense for those ez kills.

Most the vets I know stack attack haha.

• @Tyoson:

Most the vets I know stack attack haha.

i always try to go attack its more fun

• In Aus we stack Attacking or Agatha depending on the crowd. If Agatha is on the Attack, even better.

• autobalance is dumpster tier

i spec-switch back every time

• Didn’t you have some higher ranks that ragequit that round though?
    I usually play with my friends as that’s more fun than playing with newbies who keep slashing through me. So I’m more or less always on the same team as Satanic and Venus. :L

• @Xylvion:

Didn’t you have some higher ranks that ragequit that round though?
    I usually play with my friends as that’s more fun than playing with newbies who keep slashing through me. So I’m more or less always on the same team as Satanic and Venus. :L

U & skyfall arel 3rd person buddies.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

U & skyfall arel 3rd person buddies.

best 3rd person buddies. ujelly?